Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi m8 remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi i wonder if someone could help

box was working ok untill i came back from hollidays.
when i turn box on the green light is on
the box does not respond to remote control
changed batteries.
any ideas
Any video display at all?

Something went sproing while you were on vacation, isn't that always the way? Lucky your home didn't burn down with these cheap boxes. I suspect the power light is kinda of a symbol of status and isn't a real power switch. Always check the warmth of the equipment, too hot in operation can be death, sometimes happens after you shutdown, check the wall wart when not powered on...(90% of all issues with electronics is the power supply) too warm when it's just sitting is an issue, house could burn down. These are cheap devices, circuit designed to work in operation, but usually excludes start-up and shutdown gymnastics.

Easiest would be to pull the power plug, and plug it back in 20 seconds later and see if that makes a difference. Should be a reset toggle or pin on the unit somewhere, try that. Check the voltage on the wall wart, and see if you have another wall wart to try... usually it's 5-12 volts and 1 or 2 millamps but check the label. Still got a warranty....? send'er in.