Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: List of iPhone Remote Commands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've done a search on this but didn't find what I was looking for, so . . .

I am using the iPhone XMBC remote and it's great. I have also built a remote on a generic Android tablet using iRule, and it combines controls to XBMC, my TV, AVR and Blu-Ray play in a single interface.

Are there JSON versions of the iPhone remote commands? Specifically, the 'info' button and the 30-sec FF/RR are pretty cool and I'd like to replicate them on my tablet. I'd also like to investigate the ability to scroll thru media as well.

I'm aware of Kore, but I didn't see where it allows me to customize screen layouts and mix device functionality -- for example, have some buttons control XBMC while other buttons on the same screen control the TV or AVR.

Thanks in advance . . .
All the JSON commands are documented in the wiki.
nicr -

Thanks for the response, and yep I used that wiki reference to get my tablet remote up and running -- but I was hoping to get an iPhone remote -to- JSON cross-reference or maybe a specific 'yep and here is how' or 'nope not possible' specific to those iPhone commands.

I'll dig back thru that wiki again . . .
I am interested in irule, thanks for that.

Also for info dialog

http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6#Input.Info
You might also be interested in yatse which has a plugin interface for avrs etc
Yep I recall Yatse, I'll take another look at that.

iRule is flexible and powerful, but not user friendly or intuitive in terms of getting started from scratch (at least it wasn't for me). You have to buy license and hardware to make it work, but you can create up to three different remotes for three different devices -and- you can pull a single template onto multiple versions of the same device; e.g., two of you have an iphone and want your 'own' remote.

Thanks,

David
iRule has terrible reviews on the Android Play Store. Puts me off, particularly when they want US$50 for a licence.
The best (full functionality) iOS remote I have come across has been Roomie Remote (now Simple Control). They handle Kodi very well and have a nice integrated guide in addition to controlling just about any AVR, TV, Roku, etc. It doesn't have all the functionality of a Yatse - but the guide integrates cover art and playback/playlist functionality for your entire library.

I have used iRule and CommandFusion (similar) but both require a huge amount of configuration and neither integrates the Kodi library well (if at all). Last I checked people using iRule still had to use the web interface to get their library even displayed within iRule. Simple Control can be configured in app - so no external software is required.

The main disadvantage to Simple Control is pricing. As a legacy user it works great for me as I was grandfathered in - but new users have to subscribe to the service to get all the media guide functionality. I just hate forced subscriptions with a passion.....
Is there a right click option in Kodi remote app for iphone?
There is no right click concept in kodi, but there is a context menu. A remote worthy of the name will have a context menu button.
I downloaded android remote app on my iphone. I am able to navigate much more easily now.
Just to put more color around this, I'm happy with how it works (TV, AVR, BD, XBMC) and have a wireless keyboard for pure web content, but would like a couple of upgrades

I have been trying to figure out how to use a) now playing feedback and b) ability to browse tv channels and media libraries -- *both* functions from within irule on the tablet -- basically mimic those same functions with the xbmc iphone app.

I see pieces of this but can't how-to on this anywhere - I'm not that technical but am willing to compensate those who are . . .