Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Started modding the skin / Strange problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!!!

First off i would like to thank the creators of AppTV, for creating such a great skin and making it available to us all!

I have started modding (for my dual core android box) the skin to my liking, and replaced the osd buttons with the re-Alaska buttons. But i stumbled onto a strange problem, i don't seem have with the regular buttons... A slight freeze/delay in the playing video, when calling up the osd menu for about a second or two... The problem could be the android box which is not the most powerful, because i do not have issue on my PC with the skin.

Could it be that the image size/quality of the buttons is too high?

The mods are purely cosmetic thus far, but i would also like to add more shortcuts to the icon menu, a homescreen link to youtube for instance. Problem is i know absolutely nothing about coding, and don't know where to look to add my desired changes.

Hope you can give me some pointers on how to fix the issue...

Cheers!

Watts
(2015-10-13, 23:15)Watts Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!!!

First off i would like to thank the creators of AppTV, for creating such a great skin and making it available to us all!
your welcome.
Quote:I have started modding (for my dual core android box) the skin to my liking, and replaced the osd buttons with the re-Alaska buttons. But i stumbled onto a strange problem, i don't seem have with the regular buttons... A slight freeze/delay in the playing video, when calling up the osd menu for about a second or two... The problem could be the android box which is not the most powerful, because i do not have issue on my PC with the skin.
very likely it's your android box as there should be very little difference in the sizing of the button images and even if there was Kodi would scale them to the correct size anyway.
Quote:The mods are purely cosmetic thus far, but i would also like to add more shortcuts to the icon menu, a homescreen link to youtube for instance. Problem is i know absolutely nothing about coding, and don't know where to look to add my desired changes.

Hope you can give me some pointers on how to fix the issue...

Cheers!

Watts
Don't want to discourage mods as sometime some good ideas come from them, but have just in the last couple of days added some more customimizable buttons to all of the home menu types. See my GitHub for the very latest builds of the skin. You might want to check that out and see if it is what you are chasing, otherwise you will need to take a look at the includesiconhome.xml (or whatever I have called it, away from the computer at the moment and the coffee has not kicked in yet) file as that is where you will need to change things.

Wyrm (AppTV)
Thanks for helping me out!!! I think i figured it out although it is still jittery, i reduced fade time animation of the osd. Silly me i totally overlooked the custom favorites option, but found it and made the link to the youtube addon on the homescreen!!!

I do have one other question to ask... How do i increase the thumbnail size of movies/shows/youtube??

Cheers,

Watts
(2015-10-14, 19:28)Watts Wrote: [ -> ]Silly me i totally overlooked the custom favorites option, but found it and made the link to the youtube addon on the homescreen!!!
yep, always amuses me to hear from people who seem to think this skin is not as full fat as others(but never check out the skin settings).Big Grin. Remember that out of the box the skin is setup to be very light weight, but there are all manner of goodies just waiting to be unlocked, you just need to explore a little.
Quote:I do have one other question to ask... How do i increase the thumbnail size of movies/shows/youtube??
Need to help me out here a little bit tiger, I take it you just want to increase the size of the thumbs from within the YouTube plugin and nowhere else? And what view type are you using?

Wyrm (AppTV)

BTW, how about a screen grab or two to show what you are doing. I'm sure others would probably find it interesting.
watch gallery

Still a lot of work to be done in terms of buttons that need to be edited to match the Re-Alaska look, and a lot of other tweaks and changes that i have in mind right now...

The box actually displays the brand of the android box i own, i might change that one and think of a name for the mod of your fantastic skin instead...

I was talking about the movie poster size in List view for instance... Can i increase the size of those? I actually have done some code tweaking!!! Lol just experimenting with some stuff as you can see...

Cheers,

Watts