Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SiliconDust HDHomeRun Networked Digital Cable TV / HDTV Tuner support built-into XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
This looks like a fantastic add-on to bring good TV to XBMC (not the internet low res junk).

Nod

I'm hoping a dev is interested. Many other apps support the HDHomeRun now (MediaPortal, MythTV, etc).

thoughts?
Nice Smile
cool, where do one buy and how much does it cost??
if a dev writes code to get this working with XBMC I'm buying one.
I'll write it if I get one, need to check if I can afford it thou.
Perhaps some donations to help Eulupus are in order Big Grin
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Perhaps some donations to help Eulupus are in order Big Grin

I agree...

I'll pitch in... so we have 2 donations so far.

Anyone else... keep a running total!
well, I don't need this stuff, but I'm willing to support the buying of hardware for XBMC team members Smile

tell me how to donate to this particular cause, and I'll add $20
count me in for $20 too... Set up a paypal so we can donate...
Well, I just sent the donation to the standard xbox donation account and told that it was for buying the hdhomerun hardware. if it is not feasible or not enough funds are colected, the money reverts to the project or to whatever the members see fit.
Yea the standard team donation should be just fine.
will donate 20 later today. hope we can get one in the hands of elupus soon. would love to see this implemented, hope we can capture from it to xbox harddrive as well, like a pvr. any other links on how it looks in media portal?
Im just wondering how the xbox would handle the over the air HD? Xbox can output hd just fine but it has trouble play files that are actually HD. I am wondering how well the xbox would render the over the air HD channels.
nate12o6 Wrote:Im just wondering how the xbox would handle the over the air HD? Xbox can output hd just fine but it has trouble play files that are actually HD. I am wondering how well the xbox would render the over the air HD channels.
The normal (non-upgraded) xbox is not fast enough to play HD so all you'd be able to see is mainly sub-channels and PBS or any other standard def digital channels you may get. I've already tried the UDP streaming address on a standard def channel with the XBMC but it didn't work. Sad
Nice little box, even if you can't use it with the Xbox. If the gpu could be utilized then the Xbox could decode HD streams.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25