Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Support for BD-J / Blu-Ray with Java menus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I would like to ask if there is any news on the integration of Java-Menu support into Kodi.

BD-J support is the feature I miss the most in Kodi. There used to be Windows test builds, but unfortunately there seems to be no further development anymore.

Undecided

Chris
... is there a chance that the BD-J support will be implemented in Krypton?

Huh
a chance is always there. The only one working on it is ace20022 though, and he's currently working on other stuff. I also hope that he'll finish his work on BD-J, but only time can tell.
I have a really large Blu-Ray collection. I could help with testing, if this helps.
As we depend on libbluray for this, you could ask over at VLC if they need a tester for BD-J. I'm not sure though in how far menu rendering happens inside libbluray and at which level Kodi is being involved, but if I'm not mistaken we're only passing them an overlay surface where libbluray is rendering the menus on to - so most of the work is done on their side.
... it seems that the java menu support is already integrated in the current libbluray library version 0.9.2.

So on the library side everything seems to be ready to go.

But in the Krypton Alpha the BD-J support is still deactivated. Would be great if the devs could activate this cool feature for Kryptopn.
libbluray can be compiled with BD-J support since 0.7.x IIRC, but so far BD-J menus where still hit and miss, which is the reason support for it is not enabled by default (there is a compile time flag you can set in order to get BD-J support in Kodi, given you have a libbluray with BD-J as well).
Hi all,

is there any news on when BD-J support will be implemented into the official Kodi Windows builds?
I´m really interested in having this feature in Kodi.

Best wishes,
Chris
(2017-03-17, 09:46)ix400 Wrote: [ -> ]No news?
Yes there is good news for BD-J, as I posted in reply to your posther post here; get ready to donate:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=274319
(2017-03-15, 13:44)RockerC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-13, 22:41)ix400 Wrote: [ -> ]I would donate 1kg chocolate for Ace and 50€ for team Kodi if the BD-J supports makes it into Krypton (libreelec).

No joke!

Ace! Ace! Ace! Ace! Ace! Ace!

:-)
@ix400, looks like you should get ready to make that donation of chocolate and money, because Ace have now submitted a pull request to master / Kodi v18 (Leia) which at least adds enables BD-J support on Win32:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11836

Note however that this does not mean that encrypted Blu-ray Discs will work out of the box (which would require that also libaacs and libbdplus would be included and enabled which each build of Kodi), see dicussion:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230493

BDJ support will however bring us one step closer to full Blu-ray Disc support in Kodi.