Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom category random background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
New to the site and new to Kodi. This forum & the wiki has been very helpful I've resolved every issue except for one. I have created playlists for several folders, is it possible to to random background artwork in custom categories I've created specific to that folder. For example if I have a "Kids TV" custom category, can I showcase the content that is within that folder when browsing the main menus, similar to what I used to do with the standard movie/TV categories.

Thanks for the theme, really enjoying it.
bongo
Hi bongo and welcome to the forums.

Sorry, but it's not possible to have fanart backgrounds for playlist content.

If your fanart is placed in only one folder and you use that folder for your playlist, you can select to use a multiimage background. But most likely you don't use local artwork?

Probably your only choice is to use random, recent, in progress or unwatched fanart backgrounds from your entire movie library.

Cheers
Gade
Hi Gade, thanks for the reply. Just to clarify on your last sentence. Are you saying I could use random fanart backgrounds for when I am in the main menu and scroll between each custom category but it selects the image from the entire library ?
Hi bongo.

Yes, you can go to Skin Settings > Backgrounds to choose random, recent, in progress or unwatched fanart baxkgrounds for the main categories.

You can go to Skin Settings > Home > Add more categories > to select the random, recent, in progress or unwatched fanart backgrounds for your custom categories. They will be from your movie / tv show / music library.

The last option os not in the official version yet, so you'll have to install my development repository to get this update (v9.3.0).

Read here how to do that.
Thanks Gade, very helpful and appreciated.