Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Record only New Episodes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Am I missing something here with the new Jarvis update? I have 2 computers with kodi isengard, one of which is also my NextPVR server. I have a third computer that I am testing Jarvis on. I cannot figure out how to record only the New episodes of a series on Jarvis. For example if I wanted to record TWD on my test machine, it ends up wanting to record the entire marathon!

If I try to record the same show using either of my two isengard computers I can easily select that I only want the New episodes and I have no problems. I have seen screenshots of other users using different PVR programs with Jarvis and they have a tick box for New episodes only. Is my setup bugged or was this something that was overlooked?

I am using default Confluence skin. HDhomerun Prime.

Thank you.
10 days, 141 views and no replies. Time for me to find another PVR solution.
Good bye.
(2016-02-22, 16:31)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Good bye.

Good bye? Really? I'm asking a pretty simple question, is the problem I am having isolated to me (is my setup bugged or did I mess something up), or is this something that is maybe broken and overlooked? Either way this issue is stopping me from upgrading to Jarvis fully. I created this account just to ask this question. This is the only time I have ever asked anything from someone in the Kodi community and I first installed XBMC on my original xbox and have been keeping up with it ever since.

Because I got no response and was itching for a fix I was left with a couple options. Keep doing what I'm doing and keep at least my living room kodi 15 (which happens to be the one I really want to update to 16), or try another PVR solution (new backend, frontend addon for kodi) and see if that resolves it. I like nextpvr, I don't want to switch but I feel like I'm either stuck with Kodi 15 on at least one pc or I need to try something else...

And "Team-Kodi Member" ksooo says Good Bye 2 minutes after my post. So damn toxic. What are you saying ksooo? I believe you helped bring PVR to Kodi, right? I should leave? Wow man...

And @sub3, I meant no disrespect towards you. Even though you didn't chime in here I really do appreciate your work.

I just looked at the other thread and you said you were working on a fix? Thank you if you are because I really don't want to redo my server again.
I have the same question. Ksooo's response is good bye? What's with that?

What is the solution?
I've got a fix for the NextPVR addon not offering this feature in Kodi 16. I've just got to work out to make that fix in kodi v16 now that main branch is v17 (which I'm having issues building and running).
(2016-02-25, 01:59)GeoffG Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same question. Ksooo's response is good bye? What's with that?

What is the solution?

Thank you man! I'm glad it wasn't just me. Knee jerk reaction was to uninstall Kodi. I really appreciate what you guys do, and how far pvr has come. I dont think I deserved that.

I was just playing around with Kodi 16 just now. Using Amber skin, if I click something in the EPG and goto Add Timer, then Repeating (keyword), then click prevent duplicate episodes and change to New Only. Was this always there? I don't know how I missed it if it was.

Sub3, reread your post, you just fixed this for us in 16? Thank you so much!
(2016-02-25, 02:29)wadewatts Wrote: [ -> ]Sub3, reread your post, you just fixed this for us in 16? Thank you so much!
I've made the code change, and confirmed it's working on my machine (using a slightly older v16 build), but I'm having issues getting it included in either the current v16 or v17 builds. Assuming I eventually work it out, yes, it'll be fixed in 16.
(2016-02-22, 16:29)wadewatts Wrote: [ -> ]10 days, 141 views and no replies. Time for me to find another PVR solution.

Maybe I got this wrong, but this (still) sounds really very demanding to me. And I was to make you really very clear that the Kodi community ows you nothing, absolutely nothing. Even if nobody ever will answer your question you don't have the right to demand anything. Kodi is a hobby project. Nobody here gets a single buck for spending time and nerves on Kodi. Got that? Really basic stuff about non profit open source projects.

If you say that you're pissed not getting an answer in appropriate time (this is how I read that "hint" 10 days, blah...) and that you want to look for another pvr solution (i read this as looking for non-Kodi solution) therefore, my reaction on this is (still) good bye.

In case I got all this wrong and you actually wanted to say something different than "I'm pissed not getting an answer and therefore will stop using Kodi", I apologize and can only encorage you write in very clean and simple words what you actually mean. Many people here (including myself) are not native English speakers...

"Time for me to find another PVR solution" I read as "I will stop using Kodi". Therefore my "Goodbye" response.
(2016-02-25, 09:19)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-22, 16:29)wadewatts Wrote: [ -> ]10 days, 141 views and no replies. Time for me to find another PVR solution.

Maybe I got this wrong, but this (still) sounds really very demanding to me. And I was to make you really very clear that the Kodi community ows you nothing, absolutely nothing. Even if nobody ever will answer your question you don't have the right to demand anything. Kodi is a hobby project. Nobody here gets a single buck for spending time and nerves on Kodi. Got that? Really basic stuff about non profit open source projects.

If you say that you're pissed not getting an answer in appropriate time (this is how I read that "hint" 10 days, blah...) and that you want to look for another pvr solution (i read this as looking for non-Kodi solution) therefore, my reaction on this is (still) good bye.

In case I got all this wrong and you actually wanted to say something different than "I'm pissed not getting an answer and therefore will stop using Kodi", I apologize and can only encorage you write in very clean and simple words what you actually mean. Many people here (including myself) are not native English speakers...

"Time for me to find another PVR solution" I read as "I will stop using Kodi". Therefore my "Goodbye" response.

Maybe it is a language barrier problem? Maybe you are being a little oversensitive because you believe people don't like some pvr changes in 16? I have no idea, I cannot know how you feel as text on the internet is not good at conveying feeling. I don't feel like I am entitled to anything. I'm old fashioned Irish-American, I work for what I get and I thank others for what they do. Why would I quit Kodi because of a problem with one pvr addon? I needed a way to schedule my recordings, that's all. Here in Detroit all the good shows are coming back on, I didn't want to miss them.

The fact that I got no response in 10 days simply meant I couldn't keep waiting for someone else to fix it for me, especially since I didn't know if it was broke or if I was doing something wrong. I was going to do a mythtv install (myth backend but keeping kodi) but really did not want to change EVERYTHING on my server if in fact I was just missing the option or if it was an easy fix. I wasn't upset that a Dev, or a Team-Kodi rep didn't get back to me. It's that it seemed I was the only one with the issue, and no matter how many times I tried to fix it on my end I couldn't get it working. Really I was trying to make the wife happy. She loves old tv shows, I wanted non-linear stretch out in the living room but that's also where we schedule our recordings.

Where did I demand anything? I was pretty humble in my original post. I even admitted it could be something that I did wrong.

That being said, I don't care if I get banned for saying that you are the one coming off with an attitude. It's what we here would call an ASS. Maybe you need a hug? Would it help if I said you do a great job around here?

And thank you for the education on Kodi. Like I said, i've only been using it for 12 plus years. I had XBMP before then. In all that time I have not "demanded" anything from any of you. But your attitude REALLY makes me wish I hadn't recommended Kodi to so many friends, family and customers.

Ksooo, I completely understand where you are coming from. I really do. But if you guys keep snapping at people like that you're going to drive your user base away. Maybe ya'll don't care, but I do. I want to see Kodi become even more successful. Every time I read one of your posts it does make me want to stop using Kodi just because of your attitude. That's a problem! Since I don't want to stop (and im actually really looking forward to new improvements) im just going to go another 10+ years without posting on the forum. There, problem solved...
"And I was to make you really very clear that the Kodi community ows you nothing, absolutely nothing. Even if nobody ever will answer your question you don't have the right to demand anything. Kodi is a hobby project. Nobody here gets a single buck for spending time and nerves on Kodi. Got that? Really basic stuff about non profit open source projects."

Maybe that sounds better in your language, but to me that's HIGHLY offensive.

Good Bye!
Update from 15.2 to 16 went so smoothly I did not need to spend any time looking at settings initially. Now that I have looked at the settings, I see that a new setting has been added under Live TV -> Recording that toggles all episodes or only new.
(2016-02-25, 09:19)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]
Maybe I got this wrong, ...

In case I got all this wrong and you actually wanted to say something different than "I'm pissed not getting an answer and therefore will stop using Kodi", I apologize...

Yeah writing stuff like this I really must be an asshole.
(2016-02-29, 19:36)GeoffG Wrote: [ -> ]Update from 15.2 to 16 went so smoothly I did not need to spend any time looking at settings initially. Now that I have looked at the settings, I see that a new setting has been added under Live TV -> Recording that toggles all episodes or only new.

Check this thread for more info:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257481

Basically, I'm pretty sure that setting won't actually do anything due to a bug. Check that thread for more information.
Exactly. The bug meanwhile should be fixed, but I don't know whether new add-on packages are already in the wild.
Pages: 1 2