Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus freezes on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

today i updated from Kodi 15 to Kodi 16, my skin is reFocus.
After the update, my raspberry pi 2 b+ freezes on startup, when the reFocus-Logo is shown.

How do i solve this?
Or: How do i change the skin via a config-file on the sc-card?, since i haven't access to the osmc-settings-menu of course.

Thanks in advance & Greets!
Lenn
I had the same thing happen. I was able to cyberduck in and rename guisettings.XML in userdata folder, reboot into confluence. At least its working.

Not sure what the next step would be - reinstall reFocus?

Wait for reFocus update?
Had the same problem on an Android TV box. The only option I found was deleting and reinstalling Kodi, which I did.
Same thing for me, freezes on the Refocus welcome screen. I found out if you hit the back button (delete button) it loads the menu and everything else.
I had the same issue, just uninstalled Re-Focus and will wait until a future upgrade is available. Had to modify the guisettings.xml to get Confluence back. Tried several buttons, but nothing worked for me.

cwh
Hi, I just experienced this same issue after updating.
Could someone explain to me how to set the skin to Confluence without reinstalling OSMC?

I'm a UNIX illiterate, I know how to use Putty to gain access but my knowledge pretty much stops there. How would I rename that file?
Thanks in advance.

edit: well, I feel like a regular UNIX guru and managed to figure it all out. Now working with the confluence skin. Here's hoping there's going to be some kind of update soon to get the refocus skin working again soon.
I would like some confirmation whether or not this is still an issue for people using the latest version from Git. I am not experiencing the problem but I can't specifically recalling fixing it Tongue
For me this happened after updating osmc to the latest release (I think I got prompted to update yesterday?).
I am unfamiliar with OSMC. I assume this is based on Jarvis? More importantly is which reFocus build you're using on it. I'd like to now if the problem exists with a current dev build from Git are you able to test that?
Erm, sorry, but those words sound like Latin to me...Sad
I don't think I've ever updated the ReFocus skin. Would that be something I can do remotely or within OSMC (no idea if that's based on Jarvis), I think it's the followup to Kodi?
https://osmc.tv/
Hi Jeroen! I can confirm the problem still exists. I'm using a git build just several days old.
I'm running Jarvis on Elementary Os (based on Ubuntu)
Edit - was just reviewing -- I guess 3.0x is for Jarvis -- so i manually downloaded the 3.0.5 GIT version. Will try it out...now have to figure out if i can still have my random background images..I don't seem to see that anymore...

I can confirm I am still experiencing this issue.
2 diff devices (both Zotac) - running the most current version of OpenElec w/Jarvis RC1.
It was working for a while - and within the past 2 weeks - they repeatedly hang on the reFocus boot screen
Add-on shows reFocus 2.0.10 as the version

Thanks
The startup issue has been resolved, see the release thread.

reFocus 2.0.10 is not a Jarvis compatible version.