Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies to Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I wanted to change the category named "Movies" to "Videos". I checked language strings and changed every word I found but it still says "Movies" when I re-enter the skin. Any help here? Where would I need to go to change the word "Movies"
(2016-02-27, 15:05)Wiggle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I wanted to change the category named "Movies" to "Videos". I checked language strings and changed every word I found but it still says "Movies" when I re-enter the skin. Any help here? Where would I need to go to change the word "Movies"

Which EN are you using? There are multiple choices:
  • English
  • US English
  • Australian English
  • etc.

Check Appearance -> International -> Language / Region

Then you can edit the strings if you wish.
(2016-02-28, 05:39)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-27, 15:05)Wiggle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I wanted to change the category named "Movies" to "Videos". I checked language strings and changed every word I found but it still says "Movies" when I re-enter the skin. Any help here? Where would I need to go to change the word "Movies"

• English
  • US English
  • Australian English
  • etc.

I tried changing all of the English files. In the end I tried just deleting all of the folders in language to see what would happen. Most words disappeared but "Movies" "Music" "Pictures" and "Weather" still remained.

Is there another location that could be causing the renaming of a language string or deleting it completely to not change?
(2016-02-29, 09:57)Wiggle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-28, 05:39)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]

• English
  • US English
  • Australian English
  • etc.

I tried changing all of the English files. In the end I tried just deleting all of the folders in language to see what would happen. Most words disappeared but "Movies" "Music" "Pictures" and "Weather" still remained.

Is there another location that could be causing the renaming of a language string or deleting it completely to not change?

I forgot - those are taken from core language strings. You will need to edit the .xml files.
This is now resolved, thanks!
Can you tell me which .xml files you edited.

thanks
Which xml files do you edit to change Movies to Videos?

thanks