Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Budget home cinema
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need to sort my skylight out, and I plan t upgrade the sound system next, but it's coming along. Using a Raspberry Pi3 and AFTV for games, but I may swap them for my NUC and a Playstation

hehehe not a wire in sight i wish,
(2016-03-10, 01:36)Derek Wrote: [ -> ]hehehe not a wire in sight i wish,

Wink
Nice overview, do you have a full equipment list?

Also where is the lighting coming from in that pic?
Very nice.

Needs a spirit level on that socket though! Tongue
TV is a Toshiba Regaza 40" that I picked up for £100 on Gumtree.
An old Sony Hifi CMT-EH10 is parked sideways underneath, which gives surprisingly good audio when plugged into the tv.
The electrics are hidden behind the guitar and double sided sticky taped along the skirting. You can just make out the lead.
The lighting cost £6 and is just 3 lots of cheap LED lights positioned behind tv.
I have a Raspberry Pi 3 doing the Kodi
An Amazon Fire TV for the kids games
A cheap Blu Ray player too.
(2016-03-11, 16:58)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]Needs a spirit level on that socket though! Tongue

I know it bugs me Angry
I like it Big Grin

Personally i'm ordering a 2M LED USB Strip Light for the back of my TV (Multi Coloured, Powered by the TV's USB)

It gives a nice "even" glow ... only costs about £7 (should work on your Toshiba's USB port)

This is a shorter strip light on the back of my LG PC Montior

http://www.banggood.com/50cm100cm150cm20...00891.html
(2016-03-12, 05:34)SeVreN2013 Wrote: [ -> ]I like it Big Grin

Personally i'm ordering a 2M LED USB Strip Light for the back of my TV (Multi Coloured, Powered by the TV's USB)

It gives a nice "even" glow ... only costs about £7 (should work on your Toshiba's USB port)

This is a shorter strip light on the back of my LG PC Montior

http://www.banggood.com/50cm100cm150cm20...00891.html

Nice one. Do these stay lit when the TV is on standby?
no

i received my 2M USB LED Strip last week ... but a slight problem Sad

get an "Overcurrent" error on my Panasonic TV ... so it drawing more current compared to the 1.5M one

anyways, i'm using a 5V 2A USB adaptor to power it instead
Nice HT @smallclone... looks cozy Smile.
looks good man