Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android 4.4.2 MX 3 TV Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi,

I installed Kodi 15.2 (final release - ARM version), on an Android (4.4.2) MX 3 TV Box and on an iRULU (4.4.2) Android Tablet, but the default repo "kodi.tv Add-ons" was not installed in the MX3 Box (used same APK file on both devices). It is my understand these repos are installed by default with the installation of Kodi. How can I download and install any of the missing default Kodi default repositories?
For Kodi versions that are supported on this website, that's impossible. So either some new bug has happened, which I doubt, or you are using a modified version of Kodi that we don't support.
hI,

Thank you for your help. I download the apk file from the KODI website. I am going to start from scratch: uninstasll what I have nd go to Kodi's website to donwload again the apk file and see if that solves the problem.

CD
(2016-03-26, 06:04)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]For Kodi versions that are supported on this website, that's impossible. So either some new bug has happened, which I doubt, or you are using a modified version of Kodi that we don't support.

I installed Kodi 15.2 on the tablet again, after deleting previous installation, and the Kodi PVR Repository. was not installed.. In addition, although "Auto updates" is ON, the add-ons are not updating. For example, on another older device with Kodi 14 the Youtube add-on is V 5.1.20.4 (and working well after the recent stoppage), but on the tablet, with the latest Kodi 15.2 did not update and it is only V 5.1.17 (and does not work).
The PVR repository technically doesn't exist. All PVR add-ons are included and simply disabled by default, rather than downloaded. In the future that will change, of course.

As for the YouTube add-on, I don't know. I would need to see a debug log (wiki) from when you attempt to check for new add-ons (lefthand sidebar button).
The YouTube add-on is currently only updating via zip file (see the new thread for more details).

The version in the official repo is old, although there is work to get a new repo in place and hopefully in the future an updated version in the official repo too. See the linked thread above for more details on progress. The current zip file version is 5.1.20.5.

It's all due to a change in the owner of the add-on, as the original author (Bromix) stepped away for personal reasons and a new team has taken over the support of it.
Hi,

It has been a while since we last corresponded, but the Youtube add-on continues to no update (even after someone else took over the development / maintenance of the Add-on. Never the less, I went to the Kodi's web sire and downloaded the "ZIP" file for the add-on and it is now working as expected (the Kodi repo would not update the add-on).

It become apparent to me, lately, that the problem appears to be the Add-ons on the Kodi repo are not being updated (Kodi repo not updating). I found out other Add-ons, on the Kodi repo, are also not updating. For example, the "Super Favourites" Add-on, on my Kodi 14.2 (another device) updated OK and it is now running version 1.0.45, but the device with Kodi 15 is still running version 1.0.43, the version on the Kodi repo when Kodi was installed initially, almost a year ago.

Is there a way of forcing the Kodi repo to update its Add-ons? Or is there another way for I to update the Add-ons individually?

Thank you for your time and trouble,
CD
If you go to the add-ons menu in Kodi there should be an update option in the menu there (exactly where depends on the skin you're using, but it may be on the blade menu - press left on your controller to open that when on the add-ons menu.

There is also I think an option in the settings menu about whether add-ons auto update or not. I know it's there in Jarvis, but i think it's in earlier versions too.

For individual add-ons, if you go into add-ons and then my add-ons, you can update them manually via their contact menus (right click and then info if I remember correctly).
(2016-04-06, 12:03)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]The YouTube add-on is currently only updating via zip file (see the new thread for more details).

The version in the official repo is old, although there is work to get a new repo in place
What prevents latest plugin version to be uploaded to official repo?
I believe the very latest version is still under beta test. But I'm not the maintainer, so you're better asking them in the add-on thread.

Note you're quoting a reply from April, so the repo version is now much more up to date than it was then.