Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Change Icons in Vertical View
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have had Kodi on my macbook for quite sometime now and only just recently started using it again, I have started to learn how to get the most out of the program. I have installed the AppTV skin, my question is, is it possible to change the icons in vertical (and Horizontal) view? I can see in the xml for both vertical and horizontal "defaultaddons.png" (add ons for example) but cannot find a relating png anywhere, I have worked out how to change icons in icon view, I am new two skinning and editing skins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
(2016-04-03, 19:31)C_Nicholson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have had Kodi on my macbook for quite sometime now and only just recently started using it again, I have started to learn how to get the most out of the program. I have installed the AppTV skin, my question is, is it possible to change the icons in vertical (and Horizontal) view? I can see in the xml for both vertical and horizontal "defaultaddons.png" (add ons for example) but cannot find a relating png anywhere, I have worked out how to change icons in icon view, I am new two skinning and editing skins.

Thanks
C_Nicholson,

Any reference to image files that don't have a directory included in the path are located in the /media directory of the skin. But if you go to that directory you only see one file (textures.xbt). That file is a compressed archive of the image files that the skin uses. You can find the files in their uncompressed form on my github repo (wyrm/AppTV on github). If you download the skin from github you can make changes to any of those files on your local system and re-compress them into a new .xbt file using texturepacker (see the wiki for details). If you name the .xbt file as something other that textures.xbt you could if you liked redistribute the file to others who could then copy the new file to the /media directory of the skin and access them via the themes item on the Appearence setting menu.

I would recommend that you go check out the Kodi skinning section of the Kodi wiki which has all of these details and more on skinning Kodi.

Wyrm (AppTV
(2016-04-05, 04:35)wyrm Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks
C_Nicholson,

Any reference to image files that don't have a directory included in the path are located in the /media directory of the skin. But if you go to that directory you only see one file (textures.xbt). That file is a compressed archive of the image files that the skin uses. You can find the files in their uncompressed form on my github repo (wyrm/AppTV on github). If you download the skin from github you can make changes to any of those files on your local system and re-compress them into a new .xbt file using texturepacker (see the wiki for details). If you name the .xbt file as something other that textures.xbt you could if you liked redistribute the file to others who could then copy the new file to the /media directory of the skin and access them via the themes item on the Appearence setting menu.

I would recommend that you go check out the Kodi skinning section of the Kodi wiki which has all of these details and more on skinning Kodi.

Wyrm (AppTV

Hi Wyrm,

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded texture packer and have change the uncompressed files but I cant work out how to compress back to .xbt, I am on a mac btw.

Thanks
(2016-04-05, 07:43)C_Nicholson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-05, 04:35)wyrm Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks
C_Nicholson,

Wyrm (AppTV

Hi Wyrm,

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded texture packer and have change the uncompressed files but I cant work out how to compress back to .xbt, I am on a mac btw.

Thanks

I am using a VM to convert the xbt file. I have managed to change the icons and the outline on menu focused items.

Could you please give me some pointers on how to change things like the glow around boxes and buttons i.e cancel and things like the time indicator bar? Also like the little dot that indicates watched.

Thanks