Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Change CEC behaviour (identical to Apple TV 4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since i bought a new Apple TV i'm hooked on the way it plays nicely with my home AV system.
I would really love to make KODI act the same.

At any time i push a button on the remote, the Apple TV checks if it is the active source. If it's not it will tell the TV to make it an active source. As soon as a button is pressed, the tv switched to the Apple TV.

If the TV (and other devices in the system) are powerd off, it will turn on the devices and make the Apple TV the active source.

This would eliminate the need for an extra remote or anything if you want to switch to KODI, Just take your remote you use with KODI and press a button. It will either turn on the system, or make it the active source.
That's not really a Kodi thing. That's handled by the OS and/or CEC hardware involved. For example, many Android/ARM-powered boxes have CEC support, but Kodi doesn't control any of that. Such behavior would have to be enabled in Android.
Sounds real annoying if your playing music and press next song and everything turns on
I also want this functionality. Turning devices on could be optional.

Or make it possible to map a remote button to the CEC function "send active source".
I get this behavior with libreELEC 8.01 (Krypton) on a Raspberry pi 3. press a button to wake the pi, the TV input switches. Check the options under Settings>System Settings>Input Peripherals. Remember, the kodi device has to have CEC support. The Raspberry Pi has it.

Cheers,
LongMan
Thank you LongMan for the reply! I'm also using LibreELEC 8.01 but on Odroid C2 which has full CEC support. When you say you press a button to wake the PI - is it in standby after a certain amount of time? That waking up will enable the HDMI output which in itself might switch the AVR/TV to the new source.
Yes I set it to stand by after 3 mins and when a press a button on the remote for the Pi, the TV input switches immediately. The CEC options are under the settings.