Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NextPVR series recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT.. After looking through some other comments in the forum I can see that others are having the same problems and sub3 has a fix but at this stage it's not a part of the official repo yet. I can access the git repo but I'm running Windows, not Linux, and I have no idea how to make the new version of the plugin from the source code... if any kind soul out there would be able to help me out and host the file I would be very grateful!

EDIT #2... I tried MtMk's solution here and manually updated the plugin to 1.12.14, however I'm still having the same problems - seems like nothing has changed for me..

Hi there - just moved to NextPVR from WMC (now using HD Homerun Connect). I'm finding some quirky things when trying to record series within Kodi.

If I select to record a show in the guide, I don't get given the option to record the one show or a series (unlike when I used ServerWMC). It's only ever one show.

When viewing the timers, the type is listed as Child Recording in Kodi. It also shows as scheduled recording in NextPVR, however when I go into the show details in NextPVR, I can't change it from Record once.

If I go the other way, and schedule a recording from the NextPVR guide, I get a whole bunch of options:
  • Record Once
  • Record Season (New episodes on this channel)
  • Record season (all episodes on this channel)
  • Reason season (daily, this timeslot)
  • Record season (weekly, this timeslot)
  • Record season (monday-friday, this timeslot)
  • Record season (weekends, this timeslot)
  • Record All Episodes, All Channels

Back in Kodi, It does reflect that selection (eg "Every Day from 1.00pm to 2.00pm") and it might say Repeating (guide) or Repeating (manual depending on which option I selected in NextPVR. However I can't seem to change the type within Kodi, and I certainly can't create one of these repeating timers in Kodi.

If I try and add a timer through the timers menu, all I get is:
  • Once time (manual)
  • Repeating (manual)
  • Repeating (keyword)

..none of which is right for me.

I'm using Kodi 16.0 (confluence skin), NPVR 3.6.6, Next{vr Plugin 1.12.8

Any help is greatly appreciated!
It sounds like you're looking in the wrong place in Kodi. If you right click on a show in the TV guide, then select 'add timer', you should be able to chose recordings types like 'Repeating (Guide)'.
aha! perfect! So the key is, don't select 'record', select 'add timer'.

Thanks sub3 Big Grin
I have just upgraded to Kodi Jarvis 16.1. I have been running NextPVR in the background with Kodi as the front end since it was XBMC - about 2-3 years, and I have always had the options when recording that the original poster mentions above. All the options of NPVR were given when I was adding a timer in Kodi. But now since upgrading and updating to the latest NPVR add-on, I no longer have these, I just have 'Repeat (Guide)' or 'Repeat (Manual)'. Can anyone help me fix this?? Thanks.
(2016-05-11, 23:35)Barnickal Wrote: [ -> ]But now since upgrading and updating to the latest NPVR add-on, I no longer have these, I just have 'Repeat (Guide)' or 'Repeat (Manual)'.
That is the names using the new built-in Kodi screens. You can achieve pretty much the same results though.
I just upgraded to 16.1 as well. I don't even get what you guys go haha. I'm only getting the choice to record once, that's it, there are no options anymore like in 15.0 where I could choose a repeat recording. I am about to try a clean install but that's a hassle unless anyone has an answer as to why its doing this. I'm using Nextpvr for backend and have not changed it since 15.0. any ideas would be great. by the way, all my old repeat recordings I set up in previous Kodi versions still show up as repeat recordings in my timers....

update, I found the recording options listed above when choosing a recording via the guide, however I cant get that when looking for a show via a search. I used to be able to have these options in search but no longer as explained above, which sux because it is the primary way I chose to schedule recordings, any ideas?
In the pvr search window, context menu item "Add timer" should do what your looking for.
This is all good and well, but in order to add a timer now, you must have a "right click" function. I have been trying for a long time to make Kodi "wife compatible" and just when I get it running, the functionality changes. Namely, being able to use the TV remote via HDMI-CEC. I got it all working and then, version 16 makes it so I can't set a custom timer without a mouse. She is ready to toss the whole thing in the garbage. Please, for our sake, put the timer functionality back in guide recording settings without having to click something.
(2016-07-24, 01:53)chris5563 Wrote: [ -> ]This is all good and well, but in order to add a timer now, you must have a "right click" function. I have been trying for a long time to make Kodi "wife compatible" and just when I get it running, the functionality changes. Namely, being able to use the TV remote via HDMI-CEC. I got it all working and then, version 16 makes it so I can't set a custom timer without a mouse. She is ready to toss the whole thing in the garbage. Please, for our sake, put the timer functionality back in guide recording settings without having to click something.
This is a Kodi thing, rather than something the NextPVR addon has any control over.
I'm using hdmi-cec as well and without any modifications I had to do to my remote keymap config I have a key for "right klick" aka open context menu. Don't have my remote at hand right now, but I think the key is labeled .... surprisingly ...'menu''.
(2016-07-24, 01:53)chris5563 Wrote: [ -> ]This is all good and well, but in order to add a timer now, you must have a "right click" function. I have been trying for a long time to make Kodi "wife compatible" and just when I get it running, the functionality changes. Namely, being able to use the TV remote via HDMI-CEC. I got it all working and then, version 16 makes it so I can't set a custom timer without a mouse. She is ready to toss the whole thing in the garbage. Please, for our sake, put the timer functionality back in guide recording settings without having to click something.

If you can map a keyboard command to your remote, the 'C' key brings up that context menu.

Hi, I'm on Jarvis and using the Nox Silvo mod, but Confluence has too and it should be what you're looking for. (I didn't check any other skins...)

System --> TV/Live TV --> Guide --> Default select action = Show Context Menu

I hope this helps.