Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Won't open on Firestick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had kodi on my firestick for quite some time and a few days ago it will no longer open. I read somewhere that Amazon had blocked it. Is there a way around this!?! Thanks!
Amazon blocks some apps that start Kodi but never blocked Kodi itself.
What do you mean with "It will no longer open"? I sometime have the problem that only a grey screen appears when I try to load kodi. This seems to happen when kodi has not been correctly closed before.

If this is your problem you can try to force stop kodi in the Fire TV settings -> installed apps. Select there kodi in the list of installed apps and then select "stop kodi" (I usually do that two or three times since once is sometimes not enough). After that usually kodi works again.

I hope this helps.
(2016-04-11, 01:06)Cybillj Wrote: [ -> ]I've had kodi on my firestick for quite some time and a few days ago it will no longer open. I read somewhere that Amazon had blocked it. Is there a way around this!?! Thanks!

what firmware are you on and how do you usually open it
ie kodi icon, ikono icon or firestarter etc or do you just open through the amazon home page settings/installed apps route
The new Amazon Firmware update now gets rid of Firestarter but Kodi still works 100% and you can now add it to your FAV bar on the first screen
(2016-04-11, 20:06)BluHD Wrote: [ -> ]The new Amazon Firmware update now gets rid of Firestarter but Kodi still works 100% and you can now add it to your FAV bar on the first screen

Or he could double click the home button and it takes you to "your apps library"
(2016-04-11, 15:34)dipvideo Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean with "It will no longer open"? I sometime have the problem that only a grey screen appears when I try to load kodi. This seems to happen when kodi has not been correctly closed before.

If this is your problem you can try to force stop kodi in the Fire TV settings -> installed apps. Select there kodi in the list of installed apps and then select "stop kodi" (I usually do that two or three times since once is sometimes not enough). After that usually kodi works again.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for this Angel
(2016-04-11, 15:34)dipvideo Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean with "It will no longer open"? I sometime have the problem that only a grey screen appears when I try to load kodi. This seems to happen when kodi has not been correctly closed before.

I hope this helps.

Ok so I tried this and it doesn't workSad. The app was working fine yesterday, but it just stopped working today. It has never done this before. Is there some other trick or has it been blocked or something. Please helpConfused

Grace & Peace
I have the a similar issue... it's odd
I've had the firestick with kodi on for quite de time now and I've never had issues 
I've just updated to v17.3 and it works perfectly fine on my smart tv and my Hitachi tv but every time I try on the LG tv, the app just refuses to open 😣 I get a black screen then I'm sent back to the home page and I really don't understand why it only does this on this tv.
It happened to me and i cleared the Cache Fire TV settings -> installed apps. Select there kodi in the list of installed apps and then select "Clear Cache" that will work
I've had Kodi for a little over 3 years now. I've dealt with the updates but now it won't open. I have deleted and downloaded it three times now. It won't let me get it all the way downloaded. When I try to open it, it immediately closes.
(2021-10-07, 00:19)Caralotte Wrote: [ -> ]I've had Kodi for a little over 3 years now. I've dealt with the updates but now it won't open. I have deleted and downloaded it three times now. It won't let me get it all the way downloaded. When I try to open it, it immediately closes.

if you have installed a matrix build, try this addon version