Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: UDOO X86
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came across this kickstarter that seemed kinda interesting for once its not a Allwinner SOC Wink its a Intel SOC havent run across UDOO before so i thought i post about it here and get the communities input seems like capable hardware for running Kodi on and Steam with Netflix support seems like they already got funded also thats always good news still i rather see if anyone had a UDOO before kicking in funds.

The Intel SOC is a Curie
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/w...sheet.html

UDOO X86 Basic:
- IntelĀ® Quad Core up to 2.00 GHz
- 2 GB of RAM
- 1xHDMI, 2xminiDP++
- eMMC 8 GB

UDOO X86 Advanced:
- IntelĀ® Quad Core up to 2.24 GHz
- 4 GB of RAM
- 1xHDMI, 2xminiDP++
- eMMC 8 GB

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/udo...board-ever
Looks interesting, but this part is false I think...
Quote:Watch Netflix, Sky Go, Amazon Instant Videos or any other streaming platform in 4K in the quiet calm of a fanless Home Theather Personal Computer
HD yes, 4K not that I'm aware of on a HTPC.
4K isnt a deal breaker really dont care that much since i got a projector that only handles 1080p

Netflix etc well i truly hope that legal streaming platforms are supported cause that would make Kodi so much better on a small device like that also steam but again never heard of that brand before hence why i created this topic Smile
Hello everyone,
I'm Andrea Rovai, UDOO Team.
I would like to reassure you: 4K works fine on UDOO X86 on 3 screens at the same time. You can search online, there are other computers based on the same processors and as you can view by yourself they support 4K.
Neat Smile are you planning to do any other intel boards ?

reason why im asking is that im looking for something similar to the solid run clearfog board

https://www.solid-run.com/marvell-armada.../clearfog/
(2016-04-18, 17:17)Andrea Rovai Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,
I'm Andrea Rovai, UDOO Team.
I would like to reassure you: 4K works fine on UDOO X86 on 3 screens at the same time. You can search online, there are other computers based on the same processors and as you can view by yourself they support 4K.
Hi there. Not 4K for Netflix, Amazon, etc. unless you've got the proper certification from them, et al.
I know this came and went last year with little discussion because, well, it took so dang long. I backed one of these on Kickstarter thinking I'd get it at the end of the summer 2016 or sometime that fall. Anyways, I just got the Advanced with 4 GB RAM, 8GB eMMC and 128 GB SSD. Used Windows Media Creation tool and loaded Win 10 via flash to the 128 GB SSD. Did the same with Libreelec and it's creation tool and loaded it via USB flash to the eMMC.

So, it boots to either. LE 8.0.1 seems to be working fine once I got the output audio device set right. So far only using the Rii 8 type remote and it works great as well.

This one has the CELERON N3160 2.24 GHZ processor. The wifi works fairly strong in the hotel where I'm staying.

It's a bit of overkill since I'm using it as an appliance for now, but it seems fairly flexible.