Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Release] Hax development version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NOTE: This version won't work in some browsers, including the default Android browser. It works in recent versions of Chrome and Firefox (both mobile and desktop)

Download it from here:
https://github.com/bailus/Hax/archive/0.3.1-alpha.zip

Then install it from Kodi using "install from zip file" - see here for instructions.

If you get a ":( could not connect to Kodi" error it probably means your browser needs to be updated.

watch gallery

changelog.txt Wrote:v0.2.0 - 2016-04-22
- Ported from JavaScript to ES7
- Removed most libraries
- More concurrency

v0.3.0 - 2016-04-25
- New icons (from estouchy skin)
- Added actors view for movies/tv shows
- Added "recently added" to movies/tv/music videos
- Menu redesign
- Enabled websocket support

v0.3.1 - 2016-05-02
- Added music video details page
- Added top navigation bar
- Tablet (large screen) mode
- Removed mobile landscape mode
- Added sorting options and a new path selector to the directory page
- Info button now brings up the OSD when Kodi is in fullscreen mode
hi, tried the new hax.

works good on firefox/android and firefox/linux. nice, it's fast and simple. i think you are on a good way. it's nice too see something fast (compared to other once with a lot of functions) and optimised also for small screens!

There are some things which could be improved (or at least considered to improve):
- in movies, the posters are squeezed into a square. maybe not stretching them could look better, although it's not easy, because not all pics are posters.
- browsing in file structures is fast. very nice. but when you in the root of the source, and go up in hierarchy, it goes up in the file tree, but it should go back to movies, or music if in top of source i think.
Thanks Smile

I plan to add some more features like search and sorting options but fast and simple is what I'm aiming for.

Your first issue has been fixed - the zip file above has been updated.
The second one has been on my todo list for a while, the up button should disappear when you're at the top of the directory tree (the root of the source). https://github.com/bailus/Hax/issues/9
ah ok thanks i will update and see Smile

good aiming. i think a such interface was missing. Keep it up!

EDIT: well there is something new to consider. i made an image to show:

if there is poster and "preview picture" is mixed, the titles are not in line anymore. well it's a matter of taste. but i think it looks much better without the streching.
in my webinterface, i cut the landscape oriented pictures. but as i said. it's a matter of taste, just wanted to make sure you are aware of it.

also a menu for "recently added videos" and sort by "date added" would make this perfect
Download 0.3.0~alpha here:
https://github.com/bailus/Hax/archive/0.3.0.zip

I made quite a few changes including:
  • Icons stolen from Estouchy / Estuary (the default skins for Kodi v17)
  • New menus that more closely mirror Kodi's
  • Added view movies/TV shows by actor
  • Websocket support (enable "Allow remote control by programs on other systems" in Settings -> Services -> Remote Control)

tuxfuxch: I ended up scaling them to fit within a square. No stretching or cropping and things line up nicely now.
Tank_Killer: I added "recently added" sections to the new TV Shows, Movies and Music Videos pages. Adding sorting options is on my todo list.
ok just tried it. i like it. everything got a bit smaller on a large screen, but fine. i like the new icons. i think it's also a good idea to more or less map the kodi menu struckture.
Also the preview pictures turn out very good on my installation. well done!
oh two more things, just realised that you added addons. is this still work in progress? on my installation i get:
"NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED:
socket.send(JSON.stringify(message.data))
jsonrpc.js (line 190)"
in the javascript console

secondly, you might (or already did) think about to do responsive design, so that it fits better on different screen sizes. the main menu on my mobile (nexus4/android/firefox) in landscape: the arrow to get to the control buttons is over the playlist title (well still usable, because the icon is still visible).

EDIT: if you want to leave it this way: your choice of size is quite good for all my usecases (large screen as well mobile non-landsape; mobile landscape as told, still ok)
New version: https://github.com/bailus/Hax/archive/0.3.1-alpha.

tuxfuxch:
The addons page is experimental and will probably be removed at a later date. I'm not sure what's causing the NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED but I've disabled WebSocket support for now because HTTP handles concurrent requests better.
I use media queries but don't want to use a css grid. This version should work well with large screens but probably not in landscape on mobile.
Nice work bailus.

I really like the navigation bar on top. Makes navigating up and down the menu's very easy.

With some more polish this will be an excellent web interface.

One observation. You may want to put the remote control in its' own screen, or could be minimized. When not needed it is taking up precious screen area.

Again, very nice work.
first let me say i like the interface it is exactly what i have been looking for. however i updated to the 0.3.1 version and all I get is a blackscreen if I go back to 0.3.0 it loads but no matter what I click i just get a spinning circle on the page.

again great ui,
Yonu
@yonu Updating your browser might help. Are you using Chrome or Firefox on Android? I haven't really tested the builds I post here and I plan to make some significant changes before the next stable release.

@Kabooga I've experimented a lot with the remote control. It did have its own page but then you need to go back to the menu every time you use it - I like being able to pause, stop, change subtitles .etc then go back to where I was in the media library without mashing the back button.
hi, just tried you interface on a lumia640 with windows 8.1 and ie.
have to say that it is fast and intuitive.
i missed a thing, don't know if it is present or i'm not able to find.
in music file section is not possible to play a whole folder? i can play just a song at time. am i wrong?
Peppe