Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Missing recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have had hit or miss success with MythPVR. I am using it to record sports from the smoothstreams addon in KODI. Aside from those few times I have had it work, it always shows the recording initializing then nothing happens (that small tab at the top showing the progress doesn't show up) and the recording immediately shows up in the recordings list as missing. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Thanks.
I wonder, what does the pvr.mythtv addon and the MythTV backend have in common with another Kodi addon called smoothstream? To me it feels like you are posting in the wrong forum. Please enlighten me =)
Sorry, I am fairly new to all this and don't really know much about it. You are saying that certain PVR's are specific to certain add-ons? That would make sense. I guess I was just thrown off by it working a few times when I first tried it. Smoothstreams is another add-on I have within KODI and it is just live TV, sports mainly. Maybe it was just coincidence that the first few things I tried to record in the smoothstreams add-on happened to have the same "backend" and the MythTV stuff?
MythTV is a software used to record TV, mostly from digital tuners (DVB-C/T). Either connected through USB or PCI/e and other ways. MythTV has its own frontend software so you can watch what you record. pvr.mythtv make is possible to use Kodi as a frontend instead.

If you have some add-on that makes you watch streams from some provider I find it hard that it has any connection with MythTV or the pvr.mythtv addon. If your addon have support for saving the stream to your harddrive it has nothing to do with MythTV.
Hi Adam7777, I sent you a PM. Can you please take a look? Thanks!
Hi, djyoyo. I did get the PM, but I am not able to respond. It isn't the news you are hoping to hear anyway. If things change, I will let you know.