Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 'Recently Added' shelf displaying wrong content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I think I might have found a bug so just wanted to report it so it could be looked into.

I have a couple of Raspberry Pi2s that connect to a MySQL server for the DB (this also does the scraping). Each Pi2 is configured with two profiles, 'Adult' and 'Kids'. The scraping server only has a single profile.

I have my media structured in separate folders like this:

/AdultMovies
/KidsMovies
/TV/Adult
/TV/Kids

The Adult profile has all four sources configured. The 'Kids' profile only has the two 'Kids' sources configured.

When I log into the Adult profile the 'Recently Added' shelf shows movie posters that have been recently added to either movie folder.
When I log into the Kids profile the 'Recently Added' shelf shows only the movies posters from the /KidsMovies folder.

When I switch between profiles, I see the shelf that belongs to the other profile for a second or so before it re-calculates what should be displayed and updates the shelf.

All good so far. However...

When I look at the TV Shows library, the 'Recently Added' shelf for the Adults profile displays everything as expected.
When I log into the Kids profile though, the shelf never updates. This allows the Kids to play any of the TV shows that are on there.

It seems that the shelf for TV Shows doesn't behave ideally or the same as the Movies shelf.

Cheers,

J.
Hi,

Could you try going into 'Skin Widgets' settings, then the 'Recent Item' section and enabling "Update each time you enter the home screen" to see if that helps? In terms of Amber code the shelves are exactly the same so it must be something within Skin Widgets.
I've checked the settings and it's already enabled. It does update correctly. It just seems to be creating the shelf for TV shows from the master profile sources whereas the Movies shelf is correctly pulling from the sources in the Kids profile.

Cheers,

J.
(2016-06-12, 19:32)boredazfcuk Wrote: [ -> ]I've checked the settings and it's already enabled. It does update correctly. It just seems to be creating the shelf for TV shows from the master profile sources whereas the Movies shelf is correctly pulling from the sources in the Kids profile.

Cheers,

J.

Hi, I'm not sure why it would be getting the wrong info, in the latest Krypton branch I have removed the dependency on the Skin Widgets service and the shelves are now populated form playlists, hopefully this will solve your problem also.

Are you able to test this? It does need to be on krypton though so no worries if you can't.