Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Automatic Recordings stopped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been running ServerWMC for a couple of months with perfect results until this week.

Future shows that have been set to record via the guide do not record.

Manually setting a current show to record works fine and shuts off at the proper time.

The server icon shows at all times so I assume the server is running.

Win 7 PC with windows "updates" shut off

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
In the recordings log I see "xyz was not recorded due to an unexpected failure"

All the manual initiated recordings show they worked until a show ended or until I manually stopped the recording

EDIT: According to the recording log this started on 6/9/2016 .

Additional info: TV tuner encountered an error. (0xc0040524) Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 1052CC78-0 or -1 is shown after each of these unexpected failures.

Also: Errors occuring during MCUpdate: Failed to retrieve nettv (Error: PackageName is invalid.)

Was there an update around this time for ServerWMC?
I don't see how this could be happening due to a change in serverwmc, and there were no changes to it that would cause this. Serverwmc just schedules a recording in the windows rec service and its the windows recording service that actually does the recording and that is what seems to erroring out. In other words, I'm sure you'd be getting this error if you used wmc to schedule the recording instead of serverwmc. I think you should search for this error on wmc forums to look for solutions.
I agree, seems like an issue with WMC, not ServerWMC. Have you tried rebooting the Windows 7 machine and/or the hdhomerun tuner? I also get the nettv download error nightly so I don't think that is your issue. Sorry not more help but keep checking the Windows logs from when it started.