Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: status of a submited add on for the official repo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

sorry if question is out of line, I would like to ask is there a person, or a way to check a status of an add on submitted to the official repo?

I've recently submitted an add on, it is not available on the repo or listed on the website, and I think I've followed all of the guidelines, and would like to know the reason why the add on is not showing up.

Submission request:
*addon - plugin.video.mojawebtv
*version - 1.0.2
*url - https://github.com/segvic/plugin.video.mojawebtv
*revision - efa415930a72bbdf70459cdcc976aa28eb981e95
*branch - master
*xbmc version - Gotham

Thanks
I think they're really trying to get people to stop using the mailing list option, as it's horribly manual on both sides. You could try posting a question to that list (or maybe one of the maintainers will respond here). You might look into doing this via a pull request instead. I think there are instructions in one of the sticky threads in this sub-forum. Basically you fork the main repo project, add your stuff, and then submit a pull request. I do my updates this way, and it generally only takes a few days (maybe a week if the volunteers doing the code review get busy).
(2016-06-17, 15:42)srle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

sorry if question is out of line, I would like to ask is there a person, or a way to check a status of an add on submitted to the official repo?

You are not alone - I've read the same in an other thread. One of my add-ons is stuck too for quite some time.

(2016-06-17, 22:17)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]I think they're really trying to get people to stop using the mailing list option, as it's horribly manual on both sides. You could try posting a question to that list (or maybe one of the maintainers will respond here). You might look into doing this via a pull request instead. I think there are instructions in one of the sticky threads in this sub-forum. Basically you fork the main repo project, add your stuff, and then submit a pull request. I do my updates this way, and it generally only takes a few days (maybe a week if the volunteers doing the code review get busy).

The last time I've tried it I couldn't get it to work. I've fought git for two hours before giving up. Everytime I tried to push my patch, git would stop responding with no error message or timeout. The mailing list if far easier for someone who isn't used to git. Here are the instructions I've tried (along with some others): http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_add-...ee_Merging.

If someone could write a small python script for us braindead simpletons, I'd be grateful.
Yea, git is kind of a thing in-of-itself. What I ended up doing was doing it all via github so that I could use the Github desktop program to do it. Basically here's what I did:

1- went to github.com, found the addon repo project, and fork it. The forked version will then appear in your github list.
2- On the desktop app I cloned the project from my github account to my local machine.
3- I switched to the appropriate branch (you have to figure out what the oldest version of Kodi is you'll support and use that branch).
4- Once my addon updates are tested, I copy the files from my test environment to the local clone of the addon repo project, commit it (see the sticky for what to put in the comments), and then sync the repo.
5- I then go to github.com and my fork of the project and do a pull request.

"That's it." (I put that in quotes, because this is still a number of steps)

The advantage is that I can see the status of my pull request and see if anyone has commented on it or looked at it.
Please submit as a PR via github. No one currently has time to review a mailing list submission.
Thank you, maybe a wiki update could help everyone
it's already on the wiki for a long time
http://kodi.wiki/view/Submitting_Add-ons#Github
Srle, i was trying to send you a PM, but it isn't working for whatever reason . Anyway, I installed your addon and every time I try to launch a program, I get an error. Is there an issue or is it just my setup? Thanks BTW your Android app for MojaTV works perfectly. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my HTC One_M8