Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EPG info routinely blanks out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that EPG info routinely all disappears, typically notice this happening on start it's just not there. Clearing all EPG data and letting Kodi resync brings it all back, however it's pretty inconvenient to have to dig through menu's to do this several times a week. Curious if anyone has any ideas why this is happening, and more importantly how to fix it.
I have mine set to reload every time, think there was a bug with programs that had changed EPG so decided it was safer to read it every time, and I notice that when starting KODI some channels do not have EPG but a few seconds later they do, or pressing K for EPG, shows the EPG data OK. I believe it is because it is still reading the EPG from the backend. That's fine for me - never have to go in and reset it - just wait and it appears.
Nothing to add except this happens me as well and waiting doesn't help it appear. I too have to reset through settings. I'm using TVHeadEnd back end but this happened when I was on MediaPortal TVServer as well.
(2016-06-21, 12:32)fryrpc Wrote: [ -> ]I have mine set to reload every time, think there was a bug with programs that had changed EPG so decided it was safer to read it every time, and I notice that when starting KODI some channels do not have EPG but a few seconds later they do, or pressing K for EPG, shows the EPG data OK. I believe it is because it is still reading the EPG from the backend. That's fine for me - never have to go in and reset it - just wait and it appears.

I have mine setup the same way also. I've waited several hours and it never seems to reload. I don't think it's on the tvheadend side of things since I rarely restart that server. Kodi gets cleared and all of a sudden it starts working again. Running tvheadend 4.0.9 on the server side (official apt package), Kodi and tvheadend plugin are latest libreelec.
I agree this bugs affect me also.
Have you tried a recent Kodi Krypton nightly build? I have changed many things in the epg area for Krypton and would be interested whether the problem reported here still occurs.
I just downloaded it, however having trouble testing as the PVR plugin won't update/install, I'm now getting

Code:
Could not locate pvr.hts.so.2.2.15
Ok, uninstall and install got it going. So far have data, lets see if it sticks.
It's now blanked out again on the latest LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.002 ALPHA. So the bug appears to still be there.
There is a setting "do not store epg data in local db" (don't remember exact naming). By default it is off, to store locally.

Does turning it on (to not store data locally) help?
@ksooo works for me on jarvis. Been using it for ages, otherwise i have no data most of the time, especially summaries of shows.
(2016-07-04, 19:53)stuCONNERS Wrote: [ -> ]@ksooo works for me on jarvis. Been using it for ages, otherwise i have no data most of the time, especially summaries of shows.

Wait, you mean it works for you if you turn off storing epg data locally and it does not if you leave it turned on? That's important, that's why I want absolutely to be sure about this.

Personally, I always turn this off because I cannot see any benefit in this functionality. If there are bugs I will never notice...
(2016-07-04, 08:28)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]There is a setting "do not store epg data in local db" (don't remember exact naming). By default it is off, to store locally.

Does turning it on (to not store data locally) help?

I've tried both both before and now. Doesn't seem to make any difference.
Krypton only: if you activate "async epg transfer" in the settings of the tvheadend pvr add-on, does this make any difference wrt to your problem?
I'll give that a try