Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: @krustyreturns serverwmc & epg123 guide data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried to message @krustyreturns directly but I guess I don't have permission to do that... I recently changed my wmc guide data source using epg123, a tool to import schedules direct data into wmc vs using the default of rovi.

Previously using the default rovi data, kodi would show the appropriate program/series thumbnails in the recorded tv folders... However since the switch, the thumbnails are not loading.... I posted this issue to the author of epg123 on the greenforum but thought maybe I could rope in krusty to assist.

The link is here http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/view...83#p107983

If I understand correctly serverwmc provides the recorded tv requests from kodi by pulling info from the wmc database, including the provided url for the thumbnails (when available)... Upon reviewing my get request logs for recorded tv, the urls are not included being sent to kodi... where krusty might be able to help gary(author of epg123) would be as to where and how serverwmc is getting that url for the recorded tv episodes for the artwork. If I can help both authors work together to figure out where the issue is, that would be great. I've promised gary a donation for his efforts, I'll do the same for serverwmc as I have been happily using it for a year now and should have already donated by now (sorry)
Like you said, serverwmc get the url's for program images from the wmc database, its in the GuideImage field of a Program object. We tried to be flexible with this portion of the code and allow for guide images that may be stored locally, the wmc database allows for this too, but the default guide data only uses image urls. If the epg123 guy says there should be guide images, then in the serverwmc settings file set Debug_LogGuideImageDetail to true. Then restart serverwmc then kodi. Then force kodi to reload the guide and then serverwmc should contain more info about what it found for guide images.
thanks krusty, i'll change debug_logguideimagedetail now and see what I find.
I get the following for every one of my recorded shows...

Code:
2016/06/22 20:46:29.775 ProcessGuideImage> epg database image doesn't exist: /schedulesdirect/assets/p184338_b_h3_ac.jpg
2016/06/22 20:46:29.775 GetProgramImage> GuidImage detail for: South Park
2016/06/22 20:46:29.775 GetProgramImage> > ImageUrl: https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p184338_b_h3_ac.jpg
2016/06/22 20:46:29.775 GetProgramImage> > AbsoluteUrl: https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p184338_b_h3_ac.jpg
2016/06/22 20:46:29.775 GetProgramImage> > ResolvedUrl: https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/p184338_b_h3_ac.jpg
2016/06/22 20:46:29.775 GetProgramImage> > ImageBytes: null

Would this indicate there is no information in the "GuideImage field of a Program object" in WMC? This information would need to be provided by epg123
Thanks for that. I see the problem, it's (yet another) bonehead error on my part. I will try to put up a preview fix for it tomorrow. I'll post here when it is up. Please try it when you can.
Take your time krusty, I'll be eager to try when you're ready.
If you need epg123 to do some of the lifting, or make it easier, let me know. I'll be happy to help and thanks for the assist.

-Gary
(2016-06-23, 05:41)garyan2 Wrote: [ -> ]If you need epg123 to do some of the lifting, or make it easier, let me know. I'll be happy to help and thanks for the assist.

-Gary

itshappening.gif haha, awesome to see joint efforts. glad I could help you guys join forces. Both great softwares for sure.
The preview version of swmc that has this fix is up (1231). Let me know if that does it.

Gary, welcome to the Kodi forum and thanks for a great program epg123, also for the offer to help. Hopefully we'll get a chance to do more together in the future, this problem though was all my doing.
oddly enough i still have debug_logguideimagedetail set to true and now i dont' have a single "getprogramimage" entry in my log.. I've restarted serverwmc several times and have reset the cache in kodi twice. All of the logs I have viewed don't have a single entry for getprogramimage....
holy crap though... i have the series images showing up in emby now!!!
http://imgur.com/2Df684X now to get this showing up in kodi..
I had previously checked "ignore recording images from wmc"... as i did not want the "stills from live video" showing up in either kodi or emby... As an attempt... I unchecked it... now the series images are showing up in both kodi and emby! I am going check "ignore recorded images from wmc" again and see if i lose the series artwork.... I was under the impression that ignore recording images was simply the still images from the video clips. Still no logs showing getprogramimage though.
so far it seems that all of the "series images" work perfectly in kodi when i have "ignore recoreded images from WMC" unchecked.... so either I'm misunderstanding what that means (thinking it means the still shots wmc grabs from the video file) or there is a disconnect somewhere between where serverwmc is looking for the "series images" and where epg123 is keeping them. thank you both again for your continued efforts.
Thanks for checking it so fast. 'Ignore recorded images from WMC" means swmc won't import images from the wmc database. Some people requested this so that Kodi is forced to generate its own thumbnails from video stills. FYI, the images wmc uses for video stills seem to be windows generated and are not available in the wmc database - at least as far as I have found.

So you are getting program images in the guide view now? Which version of Kodi are you using and which skin?

Edit: I'm pretty sure the guide image detail in the log is only printed if there is an error resolving the image from the database, so that's why you aren't seeing it now. I'd have to look at the code to know for sure.
Pages: 1 2