Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Clean database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm running version 1.4.7.2 x86 and wanted to get rid of old movies that I've deleted. Updating the library no longer seem to do this, although I believe it did in the past.

Anyone got any help here?
Tools => Clean Database
(2016-06-29, 00:05)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Tools => Clean Database

Ouch! Can't believe I didn't see it...
When I use "clean database" (is also executed automatically when updating the database), Ember suddenly hangs, meaning it never finishes the cleaning, no matter how long I wait. I can only kill it via the task manager. What could be the reason and how can I fix this? I currently cannot update the database anymore :-(
(2016-07-06, 21:53)pigeldi Wrote: [ -> ]When I use "clean database" (is also executed automatically when updating the database), Ember suddenly hangs, meaning it never finishes the cleaning, no matter how long I wait. I can only kill it via the task manager. What could be the reason and how can I fix this? I currently cannot update the database anymore :-(

It needs very long time to do a deep clean. But you can disable "Clean Database after Update" in settings for movies and tv shows (Settings => Movies/TV Shows => Files and Sources).
(2016-07-06, 23:34)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-06, 21:53)pigeldi Wrote: [ -> ]When I use "clean database" (is also executed automatically when updating the database), Ember suddenly hangs, meaning it never finishes the cleaning, no matter how long I wait. I can only kill it via the task manager. What could be the reason and how can I fix this? I currently cannot update the database anymore :-(

It needs very long time to do a deep clean. But you can disable "Clean Database after Update" in settings for movies and tv shows (Settings => Movies/TV Shows => Files and Sources).

That was not the issue, I did not have many movies. I found out what the problem was: After restarting the computer, it needed user/password to access one of the shares. However Ember did not tell me, it just waited forever, until I accessed the share in the explorer and typed in the credentials.
Would be helpful if Ember either terminates after some time with a message or could even ask for the credentials on its own.