Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EPG Channel View for non-live channel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just started setting up Kodi 16.1 with the standard Confluence skin on a Raspberry Pi 3 - with the aim of replacing a Windows 7 MCE machine.

So far so good - I can see the huge effort that has gone in to develop a system that 'just works' as well as this, but I'm puzzled by one point regarding the TV guide

The Timeline view works perfectly, but when Channel view is selected from the sidebar it shows nothing - unless - that channel is already playing live TV.
I spent ages trying to work out what I was doing wrong, but eventually found some other posts which say that this is actually the way it works.

I hesitate to say anything good about Microsoft, but MCE does have a very useful 'show me everything on this channel' function which allows you to look through the EPG regardless of what is currently playing/recording.

All shows (by time)

All shows (by name)

In Kodi it seems possible that if all tuners are being used for recording then the Channel view cannot be accessed?

The Kodi EPG data is obviously there for all channels whether or not the channel is playing, but is there any way of duplicating this MCE behaviour?

Thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Just bumping this...

I still can't see a way of listing all shows on a channel - which is useful when browsing for future episodes or things that might be interesting.

Maybe this is something that the skin would have to do (?) or some form of add-on?