Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rescraping "Release Date"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMDb scrapes local release date as "Release Date" which some users (including myself) have no interest.
How about offering an option of picking up the earliest release date for IMDb scraper?
Or, can we rescrape "Release Date" only with a scraper? I know ticking "Year" (on "scrape metadata for selected movies" window) rescrapes "Year" and "Release Date". But the problem is TMDb and IMDb uses different year for some movies and I only want to rescrape release date without touching year.
yes, IMDB is the worst scraper we have..
according to your country/language (even IP address) IMDB may give you different results. In your case IMDB offers you the local release date rather than the global one (I suppose you're not in the country, the movie has been released first).
In the next release you have an option in the IMDB scraper to scrape an extra page which holds all release infos (it is called localReleaseDate - by unticking that, we scrape the /releaseinfo page for every movie too)

as the year and release date is tied together, we won't split the scrape options for that
(2016-07-18, 09:17)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]In the next release you have an option in the IMDB scraper to scrape an extra page which holds all release infos (it is called localReleaseDate - by unticking that, we scrape the /releaseinfo page for every movie too)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I need the whole release info to scrape for each movie. If not just the earliest release date, then I'll try to rescrape TMDb's release date.
Excellent! Thanks a lot!