Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What other ways can I access ServerWMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am very very new to all of this PVRs,network tuners, etc , however I am having a blast seeing what all I can do and have made great progress in a short amount of time.

here is my entire setup,

>Bright house network Cable with their tuning adapter.
>HD Homerun Prime with a cable card installed. (I get every single channel I subscribe too, no DRM issues or anything)
>DVR Server:
Core i5
8GB DDR3
HD4000 Integrated graphics
Windows 7 with Windows Media center, Server WMC, and My Channel Logos installed.
2TB External USB3.0 RAID0 enclosure dedicated to DVR recording.
>Living Room is a little beefier
AMD 8Core (dont remember the exact chip)
8GB DDR3
nVidia GT750 (also doubles as a steam box)
Windows 10
Kodi Jarvis
>Bedroom is the same specs as the DVR Server, just minus the RAID, and it runs Kodi instead of WMC.

I threw the Titan Skin on all the Kodi installations, and I fell in love. Im flipping through channels wondering how I never did this before. It all works fantastic.

Now...onto my next task.

I am trying to figure out how to do 2 things.

1. I would like to be able to watch TV and control the PVR backend from my AppleTV (the new one). I have already tried the Channels app, which is fantastic, but doesnt have an EPG, and cannot connect to ServerWMC. I also sideloaded Kodi onto the apple TV as well but unfortunately, the AppleTV cannot hardware Decode MPEG2, so video playback of live and recorded TV is unwatchably choppy. I tried the Plex addon for ServerWMC but (no offence) its terrible. I also tried Emby, but for starters the AppleTV app doesnt work, and thier way of forcing you to pay seems a bit scammy to me. (but ill buy it if anyone can attest to its quality, and give some pointers on getting the apple tv app to work)

2. Id like to do all of the same from my iPhone, it would be great to beable to schedule recordings, and watch TV on the go.

I hope I didnt get too long winded, but I am really excited about all the possibilities with this new setup, its really cool, and I've had allot of fun building it so far.
Sorry, I have no experience with apple tv or running it on an iphone.
I have WMC, ServerWMC, and Emby installed on my Windows 10 PC and I use Kodi to watch liveTV on my local network. Emby does a great job when I am on the go, but I use the web client or the Android app as I don't have an iPhone. I run the Emby app on my iPad and it works also, but that is on my local network. I don't have an AppleTV, but I have run the Emby client on a Roku and FireTV. Broke down and paid the $99 lifetime subscription so that I could use the HTML 5 client on my XboxOne and now my son can watch TV through his XB1.

I use Emby to manage my meta data and digital content, not just for liveTV. I use the Emby plugin for Kodi, also.

If you have any specific questions I will try to help.