Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Map a key to bring up channels list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something i do all the time, takes several clicks on the remote, and i was wondering if a single key can be programmed in keymaps xml file to do the job : When watching TV (in full screen), press a single key on the remote that will bring up the CHANNELS list to browse and select another channel

In other words, can we have somehow the GetDirectory (pvr://channels/tv/All channels/) command, programmed in a key, to use while watching TV?
yes, so for example, i have the channel list when i press channel up or down (i can still go up and down the channels by pressing up and down)... i have this in my keymaps:

Code:
<FullscreenLiveTV>
<keyboard>
  <PageUp>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</PageUp>
  <PageDown>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</PageDown>
  </keyboard>
  </FullscreenLiveTV>
Many thanks AshG for reply, what you say would be perfect for me, but your example is not working for me. I deleted everything in my xml, added just your code to test the pageup & pagedown buttons, they STILL just switch to next/previous channel. I did try clean install, i did try installing Krypton, i did try naming the xml file "remote.xml", "keyboard.xml", gen.xml, nothing changed... as if key map xml file does not exist

win10 installation, maybe this is the problem Smile
would happily format + go fresh libreelec if you think this is whats needed
debug log (wiki)
You are right Nick, the answer was in log

Quote:09:11:56 T:5852 ERROR: Error loading keymap: special://masterprofile/keymaps/keyboard.xml, Line 20
Error reading end tag.
09:11:56 T:5852 INFO: Loading special://masterprofile/keymaps/remote.xml
09:11:56 T:5852 ERROR: special://masterprofile/keymaps/remote.xml Doesn't contain <keymap>
09:11:56 T:5852 INFO: Loading special://profile/keymaps/keyboard.xml
09:11:56 T:5852 ERROR: Error loading keymap: special://profile/keymaps/keyboard.xml, Line 20
Error reading end tag.
09:11:56 T:5852 INFO: Loading special://profile/keymaps/remote.xml
09:11:56 T:5852 ERROR: special://profile/keymaps/remote.xml Doesn't contain <keymap>

I just copied AshG code above to a fresh xml file, forgot to add <keymap> tag Smile
My bad! Blush
Its now sorted, THANK YOU BOTH very very much
Excellent.