Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Client locks up within seconds after opening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Kodi user. Just yesterday installed it on a new W10 compute-stick PC. Added ServerWMC to my W7 server last night and then the pvr plugin. Worked great last night. Restarted today though and now it locks up within seconds after kodi opens

When opening, Kodi goes to the TV - Channels screen and shows a "Loading guide from database" progress bar at the top of the screen. It hangs very near the end of the list. First few times it hung up at channel 940, most recent time 911. Either way, once it hangs - kodi is locked up nicely. If I click on the screen somewhere, Windows tells me the application is not responding. I can open task manager and it doesn't seem to be using much CPU.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this and how to fix it? ServerWMC and kodi logs linked below. If there's anything else I should include please let me know.

Also, assuming I can't fix the problem outright, how do I get Kodi to at least open again?

ServerWMC log
Kodi log

Thanks,
Tim
I think you should try resetting the tv database. You can either start kodi and disable live tv before it hangs then choose to reset the tv database from settings, or manually delete it (probably easier). Go to %appdata%/kodi/userdata/Database and delete epg*.db and tv*.db, then restart kodi.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did get past the problem but I'm not sure if it was just by chance or not.

What I did was right after Kodi starts there's a dialog that pops up that states the "PVR manager is starting up". It has a Cancel button and when I clicked this, it cancelled the "Loading guide from database" process that was running. I then got into Kodi fine and the system was responsive. Within a short time though the system started loading guide data again, but the updates were shown different on-screen and it completed successfully. I'm not sure if that's because the process is different or because some offending data that existed within the guide info was now gone.

Whatever the case, I shutdown and reloaded Kodi today and it worked fine - no lockups even though I did not cancel the immediate update.

Thanks for the info regarding how to clear the database. Not sure if and when I'll need to do that but it's nice to know how.

Thanks!