Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi crashes right after installation .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I'm kind a in a puzzle right now. I have windows 10 pc which i upgraded from microsoft website. The problem is that when I install kodi on to my system it does not go beyond kodi logo.It just stays there and some times it show the message that it has stopped working. I have done online search to fix the problem but nothing worked. I have gone through all the trouble shooting tips available online but no tip worked. So my question is why It's not working on my pc?
Thanks
There's too little information to help you.
You might not be able to produce a debug log (wiki) as easy as described in the wiki.
For people to help you, please tell us hardware/software versions and any other info that might help.
Might be stumbling on the gfx side of things, Try http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...engard.exe
Yes, that's my first guess as well
(2016-07-21, 17:20)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Might be stumbling on the gfx side of things, Try http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...engard.exe

THANKS ALOT SIR. The link that you provided me worked. But I have one more question can I update to version 16.1 Jarvis without crash or is there another version of 16.1 Isengard. Thanks alot for your help sir.
Looks like your system is stumbling on the new direct X 11 that Kodi Jarvis 16 features (15.2 is direct X 9) so you'll have to see if the lack of support is just software, graphic drivers or is this a hardware limitation of your graphics. Check with the hardware manufacturer of your graphic card to see if it's capable of direct X 11 support.
(2016-07-22, 06:35)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your system is stumbling on the new direct X 11 that Kodi Jarvis 16 features (15.2 is direct X 9) so you'll have to see if the lack of support is just software, graphic drivers or is this a hardware limitation of your graphics. Check with the hardware manufacturer of your graphic card to see if it's capable of direct X 11 support.

Thanks for your reply. My graphic card is EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750ti. And it does support Direct X 11. My computer is intel core i7 860@ 2.80GHz and its a 64bit system with 12 gb memory. So do I have to update anything regarding graphic card? I have checked everything and it looks like everything is updated.
(2016-07-22, 06:35)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your system is stumbling on the new direct X 11 that Kodi Jarvis 16 features (15.2 is direct X 9) so you'll have to see if the lack of support is just software, graphic drivers or is this a hardware limitation of your graphics. Check with the hardware manufacturer of your graphic card to see if it's capable of direct X 11 support.
How many times do I have to repeat this. Kodi DOES NOT REQUIRE DIRECTX 11!
As 'Martin' indicates, then the issue would revolve around it would seem some incomparability in Jarvis and the software set-up. The big difference between Jarvis and Isengard is the move to implementation of direct x 11 on the windows platform (of course switching to another o/s might be workable). Perhaps 'Martin' could enlighten us if there is other options?

Listed under the wiki>hardware requirements>1.5 Windows >GPU that supports DirectX version 11 Supported hardware (wiki)

FTW: Due to changes in code it may be possible that older hardware/videocards are no longer supported. If starting of Kodi fails then try upgrading to last available drivers (or beta drivers). I would say 'if it's not broke don't fix it.'
I don't know who adds that stuff to the wiki but it clearly wrong.
The only truth:
https://kodi.tv/kodi-16-0-jarvis-mark-xvi/
Developer afedchin has gone through the long and arduous process of updating Kodi to DirectX 11, which brings with it support for modern tools and modern graphics cards, while maintaining backwards compatibility with old DirectX 9 cards. This major shift will help Kodi for Windows stay up to date for a long time to come.

In the event a card has issues it's likely the drivers that are not working correctly.
(2016-07-22, 19:56)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]The only truth:
https://kodi.tv/kodi-16-0-jarvis-mark-xvi/
Developer afedchin has gone through the long and arduous process of updating Kodi to DirectX 11, which brings with it support for modern tools and modern graphics cards, while maintaining backwards compatibility with old DirectX 9 cards. This major shift will help Kodi for Windows stay up to date for a long time to come.

In the event a card has issues it's likely the drivers that are not working correctly.

So the way I see it Kodi should work flawlessly on my system but due to some driver issue it's causing it to crash. So in this regard what are my options? I have so far updated all the drivers to their latest releases. And is there anyway to find out which driver is causing the issue? Thank you for your response sir.
So get your debug log (wiki)
(2016-07-23, 03:36)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]So get your debug log (wiki)

Thanks for your reply. I have installed a previous version of kodi which is 15.2 Isengard and it works fine. But once I update to 16.1 Jarvis it crashes on the logo screen which means I can not generate a debug log report. As I have to be in the program to generate the log. Thats where I'm confused that if 15.2 Isengard is working fine then why it crashes with 16.1 Jarvis. Thanks
Long shot but could you try Krypton nightly version? Make sure you backup your settings from userdata. That's also the place where you can grab the Debug Log or crashlogs.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/win32/
Pages: 1 2