Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Running Multiple PVR Clients?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible?

I'm looking to have the VU+ pvr client for my live telly, and IPTV Simple client for my IPTV sport channels.

So in theory, on the Kodi home page i would have a "Live TV" category that would be linked to the VU+ pvr client and a "Sport" category linked to the IPTV simple pvr client.
im also looking to do the same thing, have two separate pvrs on the home screen. one for wmc-pvr and one for iptv-pvr. i know it is possible to use both but i don't want them combined like that. epg too confusing

Fallowing
If you have a linux machine you could install TVheadend that support both.
With tvheadend you will get teletext subtitles and timehift and other things that Vu+ client doesn't support.
nobby9 and knightwol6269

Yes its possible and I can confirm it works with EPG building a channels list from combination of two running PVR's. example

However kodi development team don't appear to be keen/aligned in method of resolving underlying bugs that can occur when users wish to do this and when running both PVR's on same device that kodi is running on. example
(My current understanding)
(2016-07-23, 14:00)MikeKL Wrote: [ -> ]nobby9 and knightwol6269

Yes its possible and I can confirm it works with EPG building a channels list from combination of two running PVR's. example

However kodi development team don't appear to be keen/aligned in method of resolving underlying bugs that can occur when users wish to do this and when running both PVR's on same device that kodi is running on. example
(My current understanding)

Thank you MikeKL