Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI Signal strength under Kodi Jarvis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

i use an 12 m HDMI cable from my Yamaha AVR to the Beamer (Benq TH681). With (nuc) Openelec 6.03 everything is ok but when I update to 7.0 the Beamer says "no HDMI Signal" Same with Libreelec

With my TV both Versions work fine

Anyone an Idea or the same Issue?

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
Those problems are common with cables >10m. Please try a shorter HDMI cable for a test with your Beamer.

Your options are:

- get a better 12m HDMI cable (in my experience...you have to take care of quality cables which are longer than 10m)
- probably use a HDMI switch in between to keep cables shorter
- use a HDMI extender
I bought a qualitative Cable from Amazon and I already use an active Ligawo HDMI Switch. I don't think that the cable length is the problem, because Openelec 6.03 works perfectly.

Maybe a driver issue in Jarvis?

Most likely intel driver issue -> OpenELEC forum as it has nothing to do with kodi.

"Jarvis" does not include any drivers ... it is an application
I would doubt that it's a driver issue because:

Quote:With my TV both Versions work fine

Why should it be a driver issue, if the same hardware on OE works fine with that beamer with Kodi Isengard (OE 6.0.3) AND the same hardware works fine with Kodi Jarvis on the TV but not on the Beamer. I really would blame the cable.

Quote: I already use an active Ligawo HDMI Switch

If the cable after (or before) the switch is 12m then the complete length is even more than 12m. So about which (complete) length are we talking about (inlcuding the length before and after the swithc)?

Have you already tried to connect directly to the Beamer with a shorter cable for a test? If that would work, we could rule other issues out. It's just troubleshooting, but you should test it, because we can't.
Isengard works fine with 12 m only Jarvis has this problem. It could not be a cable problem or am I wrong?

Just test it and we know more. I might be completely wrong with my assumption that it's not the driver. But if it is the driver then I'm really wondering why the same hardware, with the same cable works on the TV but not on the Beamer. So using a shorter cable is the fastest test to rule that one out. If it works with a short cable on the Beamer you know where the culprit is.
Ok o ordered one from Amazon, I think i can try it on Tuesday, thx

Hi again, i solved my Problem. My Nuc has a mini HDMI Port, so i had to use an HDMI to mini HDMI Adapter. Now i renounce this Adapter and pluged a hdmi to mini HDMI Cable... a voila, everything is ok now.