Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I cannot Delete my recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I use Kodi 16.1 and Mediaportal 2. When I delete a recording from the recording list, I get a confirmation prompt. I press the delete button and I return to the recording list without my selected recording deleted. I can rename recordings but I cannot delete the recordings. A solution to this problem would be appreciated?
Logs from Kodi and MediaPortal side?

Otherwise we have to guess what might be going on.
Please tell me how to get these logs and I will gladly do so.
Sorry but you should search on how to find logs and how to submit logs or otherwise it looks like you have not tried to solve the issue yourself, but just want someone to tell you how to fix your issue.
Hi,

Thank you for replying and in a strange way I'm relieved that somebody else is having the same problem. I thought I was going mad.

I'm a beginner too, but your more advanced than me because you know how to generate logs!! It a pity the creator of this subforum didn't create a sticky post of links to on how to generate logs for Mediaportal and Kodi. Please provide me with a link of how to generate my logs. I know how to generate logs for MediaPortal2 if you need to know, because the people on the Mediaportal forums are a lot more helpful, than the two Kodi trolls who posted before you. I don't understand the mentality of replying when you are not helping.

Post the logs on the forum for all to see because I'm not a developer. Hopefully, somebody on this forum will help us beginners.

I'll post my logs on this thread too, but it sounds like it will be the same.
@Fifty Four
you should be carefull what you're writing otherwise you will not get any help at all!
You and the other guy are both using MP2, so maybe it is related to this: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/index....ds/132098/ Only the addon developer can answer this. With MP1 all is working as expected.
Debug log (wiki)
Obviously you are a beginner with computers and google search. First lesson go to http://www.google.com then type "kodi logs" now below is all the results and the first couple tell you all about logs.

OK, OK I'll just do it for you then "Click Me"
Hey guys,
Do not confuse me with the other guy...... After 50 years in the game before I retired, I must have learnt something!!!, By the way, I like your "click me", should work.

Re: logs - if you read my post, the Kodi log uploader is not working - if I had a way to send them, you may find out why.

Re: recording delete, as soon as I get time I will open a new incident on the developers Github site. Reading the MP forums on MP2, it seems it is a MP problem and probably not the Kodi add on developer either. We will see.
I will post the appropriate web sites in another post - out of time.

As of now, I strongly suggest that you downgrade to MP 1.15.0. This works fine. On my installation, I have installed the MP TV server back end only with Kodi as the front end.
Pastbin is working to upload logs

And no it was directed @FiftyFour
You don't say what OS you're using, but I just had this same issue on my Windows 10 setup. I found it to be a folder that was missing. Check to see if you have "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\thumbs"
Once I added that folder all was fixed.
Hi Punktchen,
I appreciate your concern for me getting help. I just want to raise the standard of help in the forums. Thank you for the link it was quite informative. It also taught me that I should check if the problem exists on the backend (MP2) before I assume its a problem in the front-end. In the end, I couldn't delete my recordings in the MP2 client too!! I also learnt that if delete recordings work for somebody else it may mean they are on a different version of MP and/or Kodi

Hi NickR
The link to generate Kodi logs is appreciated. As a super moderate, I wonder could you create a sticky post in the Mediaportal subforum with links to generate logs for MP1, MP2 and Kodi? I can provide you with the links. Please see this in the way it was intended, as constructive criticism.

Hi Rjsachse,
Too little, too late. NickR beat you by a day with a link to logs. Still, I take your point that I'm better getting help from Google than from you, but I knew that from your first post.

Hi Johns46,
I did not fully appreciate your comment that the Kodi log uploader was not working because I did not have the knowledge about the Kodi logging process at the time. I decided to stick with MP2 because a post in the MP2 forums from Punktchen's link suggested that delete does work for single-seat HTPC configuration. I realise your configuration is different to mine.

Hi MrBfJohn,
THANK YOU. I am on Windows 10 Pro and in future I will post this in my signature. I can't imagine how you identified a missing folder, but following your instructions fixed my problems. I can now delete recordings in MP2 Client and Kodi on a Single Seat Configuration. Please confirm this missing folder is only limited to a Windows 10 install, like your post suggests?
Give me the link for how to get the MP logs, as I don't use it.

Thanks.
I had same issue. Go into TVserver (mediaportal) and find a tab where you can delete invalid entries.

It's from memory, but maybe you could give it a try.

Here are some links to find the tab I'm talking about.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIA..._Recording

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/de...import.png

Let us know the result

Regards
Pages: 1 2