Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to group serie recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I use kodi (jarvis) as frontend for tvheadend. EPG in kodi works fine. For series i see the season and episode numbers there.
I have two questions:

1. If there are recordings finished, the season and episode informations seems to get lost, because they are not shown in the recordings. There is only the Title and the episode Name shown (Season Number and episode number is not displayed). Is there a way to get these informations?

2. In Kodi there is an option in the recorded tv section named "Group...". But if there are multipe recordings for the same serie, they are not grouped. Can anyone tell me how to achive this?

Thanks in advance
You can group by series by selecting the 'Make subdirectories per title' option for the recording profile. However, this will only affect new recordings, and every recording will be placed into a group/folder, even if there is only one item.

The season/episode information issue is different, and is related to how recorded shows are played back, as well as the skin. When playing the file back, it plays as FullscreenVideo, not FullscreenLiveTV, and therefore the season/episode info is not available to the info panel. (I believe this to be the case, but I could be wrong.) As far as displaying the season/episode info for recorded shows in the list: that information is available, but the skin just does not display it. (I used to modify the Mimic skin to show season/episode info wherever possible.)
(2016-08-08, 04:30)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]You can group by series by selecting the 'Make subdirectories per title' option for the recording profile. However, this will only affect new recordings, and every recording will be placed into a group/folder, even if there is only one item.

The season/episode information issue is different, and is related to how recorded shows are played back, as well as the skin. When playing the file back, it plays as FullscreenVideo, not FullscreenLiveTV, and therefore the season/episode info is not available to the info panel. (I believe this to be the case, but I could be wrong.) As far as displaying the season/episode info for recorded shows in the list: that information is available, but the skin just does not display it. (I used to modify the Mimic skin to show season/episode info wherever possible.)

Thanks for your answer. Could you please post an example where you have modified the skin? I just tried that, but whenever i put the Info parts of episode and season in the skin, these fields are displayed as empty values. So i would like to verify this with your changes to the skin.
For the season/episode information in screens such as the PVR Recordings list, the relevant InfoLabel is ListItem.Season, ListItem.Episode and ListItem.EpisodeName. As an example, when I modified Mimic's MyPVRRecordings.xml, the <label> that contains the plot information followed by the date recorded is the one I modified. Here is what I changed it to:
Code:
<label>[COLOR $VAR[ColorHighlightVar]]$INFO[ListItem.Season,S,,]$INFO[ListItem.Episode,E,: ][/COLOR]$INFO[ListItem.EpisodeName,[B],:[/B] ]$INFO[ListItem.Plot]$INFO[ListItem.Date, (,)]</label>
This will prefix the Plot with "S2E4: Episode Name: ", as an example, with the "S2E4" in the skin's Highlight color, and the episode name/title in bold, to more closely resemble the rest of the skin.

Similarly, in the DialogFullscreenInfo.xml, the InfoLabels to use are VideoPlayer.Season, VideoPlayer.Episode and VideoPlayer.EpisodeName.

Hopefully this will give you a starting point. Just beware when modifying skins that often these types of InfoLabels are also referenced through $VAR and their original references may be in a different XML file that is included.
(2016-08-08, 17:55)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]For the season/episode information in screens such as the PVR Recordings list, the relevant InfoLabel is ListItem.Season, ListItem.Episode and ListItem.EpisodeName. As an example, when I modified Mimic's MyPVRRecordings.xml, the <label> that contains the plot information followed by the date recorded is the one I modified. Here is what I changed it to:
Code:
<label>[COLOR $VAR[ColorHighlightVar]]$INFO[ListItem.Season,S,,]$INFO[ListItem.Episode,E,: ][/COLOR]$INFO[ListItem.EpisodeName,[B],:[/B] ]$INFO[ListItem.Plot]$INFO[ListItem.Date, (,)]</label>
This will prefix the Plot with "S2E4: Episode Name: ", as an example, with the "S2E4" in the skin's Highlight color, and the episode name/title in bold, to more closely resemble the rest of the skin.

Similarly, in the DialogFullscreenInfo.xml, the InfoLabels to use are VideoPlayer.Season, VideoPlayer.Episode and VideoPlayer.EpisodeName.

Hopefully this will give you a starting point. Just beware when modifying skins that often these types of InfoLabels are also referenced through $VAR and their original references may be in a different XML file that is included.

Thats really funny. I excactly used your line, but the only information that is shown is EpisodeName. If i use the properties Episode and Season for example in the EPG Items they are working.
And the recording seems to have the informations: In the TvHeadend Web Interface i can see the following informations for the recording:

Wayward Pines
Drei Jahre, vier Monate
Season 1.Episode 10

... bla bla bla...

Is there something special that has to be configured additionally ?

PS: Used mimic skin too.
Look at the surrounding InfoLabels. Sometimes you need to indicate which ListItem by prepending a Container(id). to it However, information such as that is best moved to the Skin categories, since it doesn't have anything to do with TVH. (TVH property gives the Season and Episode information, the problem is your skin is not making use of it.)
(2016-08-09, 00:43)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the surrounding InfoLabels. Sometimes you need to indicate which ListItem by prepending a Container(id). to it However, information such as that is best moved to the Skin categories, since it doesn't have anything to do with TVH. (TVH property gives the Season and Episode information, the problem is your skin is not making use of it.)

I don't think so. Had time to try some skins that are already set up for displaying season and episode informations in the recorded tv shows dialog, but all shows the same ==> Empty content. So in my setup, which is not very special the informations are not given from TVH.

For example:

<label2>$INFO[ListItem.Season,S,]$INFO[ListItem.Episode,E, - ]$INFO[ListItem.EpisodeName]</label2>

Shows only EpisodeName, but not Season and Episode

$INFO[ListItem.Genre]

Shows genre

So it's clear that the properties Season and Episode are not filled as they should. Changed TVHeadend source to include Season and episode numbers in subtitle so i can verify if the information is known in tvheadend. And it is...
Are you sure the skin you are trying to modify does not have those items in a Container or some other Control than a List? Which skin, and which Window are you trying to modify? Without details, everything is only guesswork.
(2016-08-10, 19:24)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure the skin you are trying to modify does not have those items in a Container or some other Control than a List? Which skin, and which Window are you trying to modify? Without details, everything is only guesswork.

Ok, i think the details could be read in the source of the client. I just took a look in Tvheadend.cpp.
You can see in the method "PVR_ERROR CTvheadend::GetRecordings ( ADDON_HANDLE handle )"
that there AREN'T properties set for season and episode. The only properties that are set are:

Code:
/* Channel icon */
      /* Channel name */
      /* ID */
      /* Title */
      /* Subtitle */
      /* Description */
      /* Time/Duration */
      /* Priority */
      /* Lifetime (based on retention or removal) */
      /* Directory */
      /* EPG event id */
      /* channel id */
      /* channel type */

So there is no need to go further with details because the tvheadend client in kodi could not have the required informations.

And i go a step further and would bet that the server side hasn't these informations too, because if you click on the details of a recording in the tvheadend web gui you couldn't see the properties. You only the these informations in the description.