Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Any plan for MQ7 on Krypton?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi MQ7 Team !!!

I'm using beta MQ 7 with Jarvis and I love it so far. But I'm tempted on moving to Krypton once Beta is released, due to some fixes that impact my setup. Is there any plan to adapt MQ7 to Krypton? (the answer will impact my plans).

Can you share a little bit about the plans for MQ7?

Thanks in advance

Max
I am sure when MQ7 final is released, someone will mod it for Krypton if its not officially supported just like they have been for MQ5 and MQ6.
@Maxi, I need talk with Marcos about, but probably MQ8 for Krypton will came.
I'm afraid MQ's slow development is costing him users (and in his case also money).

By the time MQ7 for Jarvis is officialy released, Kodi will be about to release Krypton and they will break support again. The next Krypton development version is the beta 1. It was the same with MQ6 for Isengard, when the newest Kodi was already at Jarvis.

Anyway, for MQ6, Marcos released a Jarvis version (for donors only) which is working just fine. Will he do the same with MQ7 and Krypton?
@willemd what other skins are you looking at? I've tried aeon nox but haven't been able to configure it to match aeon mq
needing to donate to try the skin really leaves a bad taste in my mouth -- i've donated in the past but no longer am willing, it's a shame, it's a great skin
(2016-08-08, 14:41)BBQPitMaster Wrote: [ -> ]@willemd what other skins are you looking at? I've tried aeon nox but haven't been able to configure it to match aeon mq
needing to donate to try the skin really leaves a bad taste in my mouth -- i've donated in the past but no longer am willing, it's a shame, it's a great skin

Hi fellow BBQer, if you have donated in the past to MQ, head to their forum and contact Wanilton and see what your options are.
In the meantime, I'm cheking a Boston butt aunt Silvia's style.
(2016-08-08, 14:41)BBQPitMaster Wrote: [ -> ]@willemd what other skins are you looking at? I've tried aeon nox but haven't been able to configure it to match aeon mq
I, too, expressed my concerns about the shifting timelines of new MQ releases in the past. I don't think the whole method of trying to release a new version of MQ for each version of kodi is working out so well because kodi is on a RERO and MQ simply can't keep up.

I wish marcos would update his MQ versions to be compatible with multiple kodi releases. Then there would be no pressure on him to release the new MQ by a certain deadline.

MQ7 really should have been updated for compatibility with kodi 16 (shouldn't have been too difficult) and MQ8 would be released with kodi 17 krypton. MQ9 could be with kodi 19 since marcos seems to take about a year between releases and kodi comes out every 6 months.

With that said, I gave up on waiting and switched to titan which is awesome and highly customizable. It is always compatible with the new kodi versions at launch.

I still follow the MQ news hoping marcos changes his mind about the release schedule
Marcos begin work in Krypton version skin. Version Jarvis is done.

Btw, we have our RERO too, Marcos create stable version, I mod for actual version, any vip member in our forum know about.
If version Jarvis is done....when can we expect it?
Soon, probably will be open first in our forum.
Aeon MQ use to be the best Skin, now with their developer being money hungry and charging for Beta releases, the development has slow down, we were promised the release of MQ7 two months ago and still nothing.

This is why I switch to this SKIN better support by the developer and always new updates for FREE.........
When they get more money they will release it. There are much better free skins available.
@movie78, Marcos and me don´t promess anything, where your read a single line, with data for release? when done will be release...

Anyone is free for use any other cool skin, be happy...
(2016-08-09, 15:56)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@movie78, Marcos and me don´t promess anything, where your read a single line, with data for release? when done will be release...

Anyone is free for use any other cool skin, be happy...

There was a thread that was deleted almost 3 months ago and that is where you promise the release to the public, personally, it doesn't border me if you release it or not,It is your property you do with it as you wish....
Skin will be release "soon" and I don´t mention "when" in any previous post or thread (deleted or not), because its prerrogative skin author (Marcos), define date for public release.
Pages: 1 2