Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay I googled this problem and read dozens of threads but I don't understand any of them.
I've tried following instructions step by step but something always occurs that doesn't match up.
When I try backing up to a USB drive kodi reports that the driver may not be writable. Sure enough when I go into the USB drive the backup was never created. Next I try using Google drive or Dropbox but they ask me for authorization keys or validation keys and when I try following the steps for some reason or other the backup fails. I ended Anarchy an authorization key on something else for Dropbox and then when I click back up it just gave an error no explanation why.

Can someone please get rid of my headache and explain to me how I can backup?
Please give detailed instructions and I will try them out and if it doesn't work I will post back you and tell you what went wrong
Are you using the Backup add-on?
I installed it from a source ,
What source?
Of course, OS, Kodi version and other specifics would help.
I mean , I don't knowHuh I used a raspberry ok with berry boot and updates opened idk??
I for one, don't know what you mean.
update is not the same as backup.
There is a backup utility in the Official Kodi Repository.
If you are using the Dropbox addon, read the directions, it tells you how to get the key. You first need a Dropbox account.
At any rate, in order to get help you need to provide information that you don't seem capable of providing.
It's obvious I'm talking about backups. ,
Who,is going to confuse backups and using Dropbox with updating software?
I was asked what version, of kodi it was and i answered, after I said it was an updated version suddenly you thought the thread was about updates and not backups
The problem is...
Nobody has a clue what system you're using, or what backup addon you're using and where it came from.
Start with that.
Raspberry pi3
Berry boot ( which I mentuoned) is a multi boot is for raspberry pi,which automatically downloads up to date I see for the raspberrypi.

But I can't see what that has to do with the backup app which is identical on The raspberry pi 1 ,2 and 3
(2016-08-26, 17:26)redkoatz Wrote: [ -> ]Raspberry pi3
Berry boot ( which I mentuoned) is a multi boot is for raspberry pi,which automatically downloads up to date I see for the raspberrypi.

But I can't see what that has to do with the backup app which is identical on The raspberry pi 1 ,2 and 3
Berryboot doesn't tell anyone anything, it's a multi-boot solution. So it boots the os you're using.

Are you using...
Openelec?
Libreelec?
Raspbmc?
OSMC?
Kodi on raspbian?
Something else?
And which backup app? An addon? From where?
(2016-08-26, 21:44)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]And which backup app? An addon? From where?
We're doing small steps here. Wink
(2016-08-14, 11:20)redkoatz Wrote: [ -> ]I installed it from a source ,

I installed it from a source
(2016-08-26, 23:36)redkoatz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-14, 11:20)redkoatz Wrote: [ -> ]I installed it from a source ,

I installed it from a source

Which source?
Pages: 1 2