Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Plugin/help to access sport.optus.com.au - javascript login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am new to python & plugin development, but as a project to help me learn, I'm trying to create a plugin to login and scrape the game links at https://sport.optus.com.au

I have an account for the website, and rather than view videos on my computer/tablet, I would like to view them on my tv. I have a rasp pi 2 with kodi running and thought a plugin would be a good solution.

I know this is probably not the ideal beginner project to tackle, but any help is appreciated! From what I can tell the website uses javascript for the login, which is what I am struggling with.

FYI - also happy for any hints or tips to scrape the game links. The logged in web page is EXACTLY the same as the home page. I've looked at the page source for the home page and the page after I have logged in and (using a website to check difference between two lots of text) I'm pretty sure it is exactly the same.

Cheers
Freddy12 - I can't respond to your private message, but I haven't had any progress with this. To be fair, I have become busy with work and havent looked at it since I posted this. Still keen to look at developing this once I get time.