Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buildroot 2016.05 random crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I had this problem since Alpha 2, did not had much time to investigate back then. Now I bumped all Kodi related packages and same thing happens again.

Kodi runs for short time (standalone flag) on Amlogic S905 platform and then crashes after random amount of time (10 seconds to minute). Nothing in dmesg, nothing in kodi.log... Before crash everything works (playback, addon updates...).

Did not had that issue with 16.1 with same buildroot. I can post log, but really there's nothing to see.

Only thing that comes to my mind and I will try is reverting Mali r6p1 driver (supplied by Amlogic) and userspace lib to older version (with r6p1 no issues on 16.1).

Meanwhile, any suggestions?

UPDATE: After downgrading Mali to r5p1, same issue...

Regards,
Stane1983
stack trace?
You're right, Ill do debugging with gdb. It was 4am when I was writing post... Smile
It seems that there is issue with eglibc 2.18...

Here's what I've got:

Code:
(gdb) kodi.bin: pthread_mutex_lock.c:347: __pthread_mutex_lock_full: Assertion `(-(e)) != 35 || (kind != PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK_NP && kind != PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE_NP)' failed.
I hate when I'm talking with myself Smile

Problem seems to be in eglibc and as I talked with one other dev who also experiences same issue from time to time on Kodi 16.1 (Ember system).

When using glibc 2.23 issue is gone.