Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Krypton network issues: try disabling IPv6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Meatus

Could not access the Internet reliably with Krypton Beta 1, and nightlies to 29/08. Could not update or install add-ons.

Due to:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9777

Resolved by disabling IPv6 at the router level.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2403813

Thanks Koying
Warning: mine works just fine on all my android devices. You may yet have other problems.
(2016-08-23, 07:36)Meatus Wrote: [ -> ]Just wasted an hour of my life with the Beta.

First impression was a frozen menu that, after several reboots, only became operative after I managed to find a remote shortcut into Settings to revert to the default skin.

So much is broken: can't access the add-on repository, can't load third party add-ons, for example.

Don't say you weren't warned.

I have to admit that I ran into the same problem when I first tried Krypton Alpha. The change of skin related parameters in Kodi is generally a problem because you are losing the access to all previous skins (especially the one you are using at the moment) and have to hope that skinners will come up with updated versions (which in a lot of cases does not happen). And you have to remind yourself of changing to the default skin (confluence) before upgrading to Krypton otherwise it will stick with your current skin, which is not working anymore, and you even can't access the settings to change the skin then. In my case I had to use SSH-access to delete the non functional skin folder and restart Kodi. Thereby Kodi automatically switched to the defult skin (which now is the not so beautiful Estuary).

Also I was a little bit confused by the new settings page. The addons settings seem to have disappeared, at least in the default skin Estuary. It took my quiet a while to find them. You have to select "addons" in the main menu and on the next page there is a small box smybol below the addon categories. You have to press this one and will get access to the desired addons settings.

Besides those issues I really hope that Krypton will reunite Kodi and SPMC. There are a lot of features I very much like in SPMC (e.g. voice search), but it is only based on Kodi Jarvis, whereas some Android related skins (Pellucid skin, Shield TV skin etc.) are developed for Kodi Krypton. Especially for Android TV users it currently is a mess. But Android boxes are a growing market. They are cheap, offer 4k/60HZ, HEVC, HDMI 2.0 etc. and they support gaming and Android apps. Also there are a lot of TV sets running Android out of the box (e.g. Sony, Phillips, Sharp), not counting the billions of smartphones and tablets relying on this operating system (global market share 87% as I just read). So development should have a higher focus on that. Just my opinion.
Running Krypton since Alpha 3 including almost all nieghtlies - and it keeps getting more stable and faster and nicer since!

Beta 1 hasn't crashed once so far, so I wouldn't know what your problems might be - oh, wait... you mentioned add-ons... those need to be compatible to Krypton as well...

Meatus

Official Repo: it can't even access the repository to install a skin. Thought it might be a legacy issue so did a fresh install. Still the same.

No such issues with SPMC or Kodi 16.1 previously.

Fire TV.

Meatus

(2016-08-23, 07:37)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Warning: mine works just fine on all my android devices. You may yet have other problems.

What other problems could I possibly have?

It's a fresh install. SPMC on the same device has no such issues.
(2016-08-23, 08:17)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]Besides those issues I really hope that Krypton will reunite Kodi and SPMC. There are a lot of features I very much like in SPMC (e.g. voice search), but it is only based on Kodi Jarvis, whereas some Android related skins (Pellucid skin, Shield TV skin etc.) are developed for Kodi Krypton. Especially for Android TV users it currently is a mess. But Android boxes are a growing market. They are cheap, offer 4k/60HZ, HEVC, HDMI 2.0 etc. and they support gaming and Android apps. Also there are a lot of TV sets running Android out of the box (e.g. Sony, Phillips, Sharp), not counting the billions of smartphones and tablets relying on this operating system (global market share 87% as I just read). So development should have a higher focus on that.

Agree and hope Krypton brings some balance back to the force.

Meatus

Clean installed it again, making sure to delete everything in the Kodi folders. Still got "Could not connect to repository" at startup.

Reverted to Jarvis. Add-ons updated at startup.

I'll stick to my OP: don't waste your time with this release.
Warning: people who don't provide a Debug Log if they have a problem, are indeed wasting their time creating posts like this.

Meatus

(2016-08-24, 02:58)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]Warning: people who don't provide a Debug Log if they have a problem, are indeed wasting their time creating posts like this.

Too late. I've rolled it back. And frankly, given that the Android team have completely washed their hands of Krypton, I'm not sure I could be bothered jumping through this hoop for what is a clean install.
I thought I had a similar problem (which is why I came to this thread), but the functionality is still there. You simply have to go to System>Settings>Add-Ons

This will take you to the menu to Install from repository or Install from zip file among others.

Meatus

(2016-08-24, 03:52)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]I thought I had a similar problem (which is why I came to this thread), but the functionality is still there. You simply have to go to System>Settings>Add-Ons

This will take you to the menu to Install from repository or Install from zip file among others.

Yep, I was able to install a third party repo from a zip, but still unable to install add-ons from it, even after enabling the option.

But I couldn't even connect to the official Kodi Repo which means it can't install or update skins, etc.

I think unless Kodi finds itself some Android maintainers or entices Koying/MrMC back, Krypton for Android is best left well be.
(2016-08-24, 04:09)Meatus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-24, 03:52)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]I thought I had a similar problem (which is why I came to this thread), but the functionality is still there. You simply have to go to System>Settings>Add-Ons

Yep, I was able to install a third party repo from a zip, but still unable to install add-ons from it, even after enabling the option.

But I couldn't even connect to the official Kodi Repo which means it can't install or update skins, etc.

I think unless Kodi finds itself some Android maintainers or entices Koying/MrMC back, Krypton for Android is best left well be.
This has nothing to do with that.

Kodi works perfectly fine on android! I know cause I use it often.
Only because you have problems it should be avoided at all costs by any one else?

Meatus

If you can call not being able to connect to the official repository, and thus not being able to change skins, working perfectly, sure.
(2016-08-24, 06:48)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-24, 04:09)Meatus Wrote: [ -> ]

This has nothing to do with that.

Kodi works perfectly fine on android! I know cause I use it often.
Only because you have problems it should be avoided at all costs by any one else?

Works just fine on Android. If you have outdated or otherwise mediocre firmware running on cheap hardware, it'll show, and Kodi isn't to blame.

Upgraded to Krypton beta and it's impressively stable even at this juncture.

... generally speaking.
Pages: 1 2 3 4