Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ARNU Box Mach 10 64Bit Pure Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all

I've searched on the forum and was wondering if anyone else was running the new ARNU Box Mach 10 64bit Pure Linux. I recently got one and still learning about it all. I noticed it supports h.265. Is that something that's for newer 4K TV's. I have a Panasonic 1080p plasma. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Solo5
h.265 is the new compression scheme that has been introduced that improves on h.264. It is being used for UHD content for broadcast and network streaming, but some people are now also using it for 1080p and 720p self-encodes (and broadcasters are switching to it for all OTA TV in Germany for example)

It's definitely a good thing to have - even if you don't have a UHD (aka 4K) display. However - beware that there are two flavours in use, 8bit and 10bit. Some hardware solutions are 8bit only.
Awesome thanks for the info. I'm slowly starting to learn. One thing I've found is the company is pretty good with updates and I've been using this cool thing they have called Cloudword
Just be aware that they still don't push (like they did at one point) piracy apps via their Cloudword feature.
Oh I wasn't even using it for apps I just liked the fact I was able to backup my Kodi settings from my pc and then used Cloudword to install it on my new box when I got it. I'very ordered one for my parents being older and not tech savvy this will really help since they live a coupleasy hours away from me.

A huge thing from ARNU Box is on their forum they dont put up with that they'll ban you.