Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EAC3 passtrough isnt working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

i am using Kodi 17 for a while. But now i recognized that EAC3 Audio Streams arent working.

Normal EAC3 isnt working and also Dolby Atmos which is based on EAC3.
Dolby Atmos based on True HD is working fine.

Tried the same files with MPC HC and got EAC3 or Dolby Atmos on my reciecver.

The only Error in the log i can see is this one:

CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.

*edit* using a Core i3 with windows 8.1

i know it worked for sure with Kodi 16.

Maybe someone knows how to fix my problem?
so for all other users EA3 Passthrough is working?

Here is a paste from my log

11:54:55 T:1764 NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86057, channels: 6, sample rate: 48000, pass-through)
11:54:55 T:1196 NOTICE: D3D: rendering method forced to DXVA processor
11:54:55 T:1196 NOTICE: DXVA::CProcessorHD::InitProcessor - Supported deinterlace methods: Blend:yes, Bob:yes, Adaptive:yes, MoComp:yes.
11:54:55 T:1196 WARNING: CWinRenderer::UpdateVideoFilter - chosen scaling method 4 is not supported by renderer
11:54:55 T:1764 NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86057, channels: 8, sample rate: 48000, pass-through)
11:54:55 T:1196 NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080@ 23.98 - Full Screen (135) (weight: 0.000)
11:54:55 T:1940 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.

The same file runnes perfect in MPC HC and puts Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital Plus / EAC3 Stream) to my AVR.

Tried different versions of Kodi 17. Complete deinstall and install. Always the same. No EAC3 Passthrough.

In the Audio Selection its just shown as "German 5.1" not like the English Stream "Englisch - AC3 5.1".

Kind regards
EAC3 passthrough isn't working.

If you haven't already, then disable EAC3 passthrough in the settings and Kodi will decode the sound and send it through PCM.
@jilech thanks for your answer.

But its not helping me. I need the EAC3 passthrough for some movies with Dolby Atmos based on an EAC3 Stream.

I am sure it was working in Kodi 16 - so it should be fixable for the finished version of 17.
The Kodi 16 version that is on my QNAP TS-451A NAS would only pass through Dolby AC3 5.1 and DTS 5.1. When it came to any of the HD/MA versions of either format, it was a no go. It took installing a QNAP user's compile of the Kodi 17 B2 git before all of the audio formats would get passed through to my receiver.
I am sure that a previous version (before 17) was able to passthrough Dolby Digital Plus.

In my Collection are some movies with Dolby Digital Plus (no Atmos) and i am sure i watched them with Kodi!

It was not really important for me, but since i have an Atmos able AVR it is important for me Smile
DD+ may have been possible. I never tested a DD+ movie on the NAS.
I thought atmos was in truehd streams?
Come to think of it, I believe you are right.
open a tricket on trac, attach full debug log, and link a sample file to reproduce the issue.
FWIW, there exists also eac3 + Atmos Wink
Thanks for the info @Koying.
the most Atmos movies have Atmos based on a True HD Stream.

But some movies have Atmos based on EAC3 (German Audio... the English Atmos Track is True HD....)

@FernetMenta i will look how to open a ticket and make one Smile
i have opened a ticket.

But its not possible to attach files.

I get this error:

Trac hat einen internen Fehler festgestellt:
IndexError: pop from empty list
Es ist ein interner Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie Ihren Trac-Administrator und fügen Sie eine Beschreibung an, wie der Fehler reproduziert werden kann.

Zu diesem Zweck können Sie auch ein Ticket Erstellen .

Die Aktion, die den Fehler ausgelöst hat, war:

GET: /attachment/ticket/16889/
TracGuide — Die Trac Benutzer- und Administrations-Anleitung
Use Dropbox, Google Drive or similar then post link in ticket.
Pages: 1 2 3 4