Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NextPVR 3.7.7/Kodi 17 Krypton Beta 1: Series timers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm struggling to figure out how to do series recording using Kodi 17 Krypton Beta 1 on top of NextPVR 3.7.7. Google has not helped. Can anyone enlighten me?

Many thanks in advance!
~Ark
You can right click on a show in the Kodi guide, and select 'add timer'. This pops up with a window with various options for your series recording.
(2016-09-04, 02:58)sub3 Wrote: [ -> ]You can right click on a show in the Kodi guide, and select 'add timer'. This pops up with a window with various options for your series recording.

Thank you ... I've done this, but Kodi gives an error saying something like "Encountered an unexpected issue, try again later".

(Just to explain some of my difficulties, this is an entirely remote-driven system, no keyboard/mouse connected to it)
(2016-09-04, 03:19)Ark :D Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-04, 02:58)sub3 Wrote: [ -> ]You can right click on a show in the Kodi guide, and select 'add timer'. This pops up with a window with various options for your series recording.

Thank you ... I've done this, but Kodi gives an error saying something like "Encountered an unexpected issue, try again later".
Odd. I just double checked, and it's still working correctly for me.

Quote:(Just to explain some of my difficulties, this is an entirely remote-driven system, no keyboard/mouse connected to it)
I'm not a Kodi user myself, so don't know what remote button it assigns for this feature, but I'm guessing it must be possible somehow. This isn't a question directly related to the NextPVR addon, but rather core Kodi PVR behaviour, which implements the guide and popups etc.
Just an update on this: it randomly just started working correctly. I have no idea, but I am thankful.

Appreciate your taking the time to respond, Sub. NextPVR is awesome, btw!
Are your recording folders shared and setup correctly? Is Kodi pointed to the recording folders?
Everything's set up correctly, and nothing has changed. I'm mystified.