Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bluray iso - mediainfo not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get the following error when trying to get mediainfo from a bluray iso file:

Is this a known problem (or am I doing something wrong?)?

Code:
9:24:05.122 ERROR org.tinymediamanager.core.entities.MediaFile - Mediainfo could not open STREAM - trying fallback
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.github.stephenc.javaisotools.loopfs.api.LoopFileSystemException: Invalid block size: 0
    at com.github.stephenc.javaisotools.loopfs.spi.AbstractBlockFileSystem.iterator(AbstractBlockFileSystem.java:63)
    at org.tinymediamanager.core.entities.MediaFile.getMediaInfoSnapshotFromISO(MediaFile.java:1244)
    at org.tinymediamanager.core.entities.MediaFile.gatherMediaInformation(MediaFile.java:1415)
    at org.tinymediamanager.core.MediaFileInformationFetcherTask.call(MediaFileInformationFetcherTask.java:84)
    at org.tinymediamanager.core.MediaFileInformationFetcherTask.call(MediaFileInformationFetcherTask.java:37)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.github.stephenc.javaisotools.loopfs.api.LoopFileSystemException: Invalid block size: 0
    at com.github.stephenc.javaisotools.loopfs.iso9660.Iso9660VolumeDescriptorSet.validateBlockSize(Iso9660VolumeDescriptorSet.java:210)
    at com.github.stephenc.javaisotools.loopfs.iso9660.Iso9660VolumeDescriptorSet.deserializePrimary(Iso9660VolumeDescriptorSet.java:128)
    at com.github.stephenc.javaisotools.loopfs.iso9660.Iso9660VolumeDescriptorSet.deserialize(Iso9660VolumeDescriptorSet.java:99)
    at com.github.stephenc.javaisotools.loopfs.spi.AbstractBlockFileSystem.loadVolumeDescriptors(AbstractBlockFileSystem.java:78)
    at com.github.stephenc.javaisotools.loopfs.spi.AbstractBlockFileSystem.iterator(AbstractBlockFileSystem.java:61)
    ... 10 common frames omitted
Yes, this is intentional :|
We try to open the bluray directly (which fails, since we cannot parse UDF ISOs yet - only DVDs)
The fallback will be, that MediaInfo directly reads the ISO.
Unfortunately, it barely reads any value.. so you won't see much (iirc, only some video data)

A workaround could be, to pre-generate the MediaInfo as XML, which in return we are able to parse.
This will be available in next version;
see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285402
Hey again! I'm glad the fallback is in there - but i suspect a related memory leak. With latest nightly everytime i rescan a testlibrary with many such failing bd iso files, the RAM just gets eaten all up. (9 GB free ram is easily gone until the machine almost crashes when it comes to 0) Smile
My log shows nothing else suspicious compared to the above log. (Only the many "ERROR org.tinymediamanager.core.entities.MediaFile - Mediainfo could not open STREAM - trying fallback" for bd iso)

Maybe it's already known?

In general, i'd love to see an option which allows you to always skip MediaInfo for bd iso and handles these movies as if no MediaInfo data has been returned. Without even trying. This would avoid many problems Smile

Edit: More debugging: When you remove iso file extension in TMM settings, memory leak is gone when testing same test library. All other regular MediaInfo scans seem to work fine.
Ok, i might have found something.
Wanna try again with latest nightly?
Thanks - will do and give feedback asap. Little busy atm and not in reach of the test setup - hopefully this weekend! Smile
Sadly, still could not test yet since i'm changing my test setups. As soon as i'm able to test, i'll report.