Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rapier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First let me say Thank you, for such a wonderful skin. My OCD can rest in peace FINALLY!
I was wondering if there is a way to change theme color to red and yellow? red and orange just doesn't feel right on my setup.

Thank you in advance
Hi AinsWorth82.

Thanks so much for the kind words - I really appreciate it.

The red and orange theme were done a while ago, and since I don't use it myself, it's not likely to change.

You might find some useful info in this thread (which some of the themes are based on): http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227404
Other colour themes can be found here as well, although some images might be missing for Jarvis and Krypton.

You can find all images at Github. Change the colours using Photoshop - that's what I do.
Thank you, I have checked into that link you sent me. I cant seem to get it to work. My setup is fine for now, my wife is getting tired of me changing it.
If I may ask one more question. I have each of my videos into different categories, Anime, Anime Movies, Movies, Kids Movies, Mature Anime, and others. The problem I seem to be having is that I cannot merge movie sets. I have the tab clicked over but my movies don't merge into collections like they did on other skins. It did however work when I had the original Movies not hidden. Since I use these menus to categorize my movies into different groups that Original movies tab didn't work for me. Please let me know if you have a work around?
Thank you again, here's some pictures to my setup.

https://youtu.be/G-l_tIKgbzE
Please feel free to use this Kodi Rapier Splash video. I created it this morning because my OCD was demanding it.

Edit: added a video 9/13/2016 0700

Edit: I have this running on 3 different systems. PC Openelec, PC windows 10, and RasberryPI 3 openelec.
Hmm... how did you create the custom categories and the content?
Eg. Is it smart playlists added as custom categories? Did you add the playlists as favourites or using the presets dialog?

Just curious, is it on purpose you use the red theme with the default blue colours?
Give me a few and I will setup pictures for visual aide

First goto
Second select the Folder in your backup/videos location. Select change content. Then Assign your content type.

Then under Settings/skins change your categories accordingly

It should work. I have found that some of the Anime has trouble with names. You just have to play around with it. using Filebot works wonders.
Your directories will be different then mine, I use an external backup drive that all my systems pull from. From my main system its on it through usb. the other ones are linked the same way through my network.
I have also tested this with a router that has usb for external storage. Works flawlessly, just make sure you use a external drive with its own power supply or it will wreck havoc on your router.
Please let me know if I can help in any way. Thank you.
Figured I would share my build a little more. I dont like having everything grouped into 2 catagories Example Movies/TV Shows. So after much tinkering I have constructed this Wonderful build.

Kids Movies

Anime Movies

Anime

Main Screen

The above post already has my movies section.

Also yea I currently have text color set to Blue. This current build is on my Windows 10 machine that I am linking pictures from. Its kind of my mess around build before I put it on the other machines.
Side note please let me know what you think of my splash video I linked about.
Thank you.
I Was hoping to get a responce..
Sure, I'm on vacation right now Wink

I'll get back.
I am going to try this with RAPIER 10.3.4 FOR KODI 17.x KRYPTON + on my windows 10 PC. As I haven't tested the Beta 2 yet I am curious as to what I can do with it. I will keep every one up to date.
My previous version was for Jarvis

And enjoy your vacation.
Had a Little issue with this build "RAPIER 10.3.4 FOR KODI 17.x KRYPTON +". I seem to have fixed it, I hope. Tried several skins so its not rapier Smile
Issue: Kodi Krypton couldn't find my SMB server, I ended up typing it in manually "HOME/Seagate Backup Plus" it seemed to work. For some reason I still cant get my network to show up under SMB, Manually typing it in seems like the only way at this time. Alright so I now have a Network location to start changing content on my network directories, It is now showing up under Video/Select Path in Button properties.

Going to get At least 1 menu setup before I hit the pillow. I will update this when I wake up. If you have any questions please Ask! if you are unsure of something please ask me to clarify. My OCD is forcing me to do this...

Honestly, After tinkering with the new Rapier. I now feel that JARVIS is the way to go until KRYPTON gets out of beta. I had alot of issues with KRYPTON that I didn't have with Jarvis. SMB not connecting, Anime Scraping not picking up every episode with description. I had more issues getting some to work then previously. I place no blame on Rapier. This is just my take at this time. I will try again once Krypton gets out of beta.

Final note: Rapier is one of the best skins, I have used to date. Every aspect of it is appealing in every way. The creator truly has my thanks.

Side Note: I have a few requests, I will ask if possible later on for this skin Smile
Edit: updating
Hi again and sorry about the wait Smile

Your setup looks really really good and I like the way everything is organized into categories. You're really using the skin's capabilities.

I have added your splash screen to the wiki. Smile Thanks!

Regarding the movie sets not being there:
How exactly do you add the paths as a custom category? Do you use a built in skin preset or add a Favourite?

You willl get the movie sets if you use smart playlists instead:
Create a smart playlist.
Type: Movies or whatever.
A rule where Path starts with eg. smb://home/seagate backup plus/movies/
Item must match all of the rules
Order by Sort Title or whatever

Add this playlist as a custom category using a built in skin preset: Presets dialog > Videos > Select playlist.

This way you also can add the smart playlist as a home screen widget and only see content from that path.
Custom widget type: eg. Playlist (Movies) and select your playlist.

About Jarvis / Krypton: A huge amount of new features have been added to Rapier for Krypton. See the first post in the release thread for more info.

(2016-09-20, 16:08)AinsWorth82 Wrote: [ -> ]Final note: Rapier is one of the best skins, I have used to date. Every aspect of it is appealing in every way. The creator truly has my thanks.

Thanks so much for all the kind words. Let me know if you have any thoughts on improvements, features etc.
Button Properties: Type Preset, I set path using Videos/Select Path. Then I point it to the directory with my videos. I do this for all categories. I also go into videos and set content on the folders I am adding.
Honestly, I have never used smart play list. I will look into setting this up to see if I would like it.

I have checked out adding playlist. I have mixed feelings about it. I am sure its the norm for most people but, its rather complex for me. Smile I will mess around with it and see what I can come up with. I am curious would there be any performance gains from my method or using a playlist? Directing a category straight to file seems less intrusive. Thoughts?
When adding the category using a path like you do, it's the same as entering that path directly from the Videos node.

Try opening the path directly from the Videos node. I bet you won't see any movie sets here either.

The only solution I see is using smart playlists. And I'm pretty sure you won't notice any performance changes doing that. The added plus is that you get the widget content directly from that path.

When I switched from using add-ons to fill the hard coded widgets to using smart playlists like I do now, there were a huge performance improvement.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists

EDIT: Another solution is to create seperate video nodes for each of your categories.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes

Library node editor

2. EDIT: To gain the best performance, you can use video nodes for the categories and a similar smart playlist for the widget contents.

You might even be able to use the video nodes directly as widget content in Rapier for Kodi Krypton, using the new custom widget type.
Crap, I had a long winded paragraph and a half typed out, then we lost power Sad I will try again later.
I updated the above post with more info Smile
Pages: 1 2