Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 3D and other flags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi again @jingai

Very much loving the work going in to the new skin, been very impressed with how smooth it is and the extra functions you are building in. I have been pondering on a couple of bits and wondering if I could make a couple cheeky requests for your consideration.

Atmos / DTS-X codec flag

Within the skin there are various area where codec flags are displayed.. would it be possible to add a simple filnename variable along the lines of .atmos. and .dtsx to allow for those codecs flags to be displayed. Kodi doesn't recongnise them natively as they are simple TrueHD or DTS-HD tracks with additional meta data.

I have used this in the past...

<variable name="MediaFlag_AudioCodec">
<value condition="IsEmpty(ListItem.AudioCodec)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec,flags/AudioCodec/,.png]</value>
<value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.atmos.)">flags/audiocodec/atmos.png</value>
<value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.dtsx.)">flags/audiocodec/dtsx.png</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec,flags/AudioCodec/,.png]</value>
</variable>

Then added .atmos or .dtsx to the filepath in the same way you would 3D etc.

Along the same would be the 3D flag.. am struggling myself with this one and am wondering if its just a simple case of renaming all my files... and adding 3D at the end.. am not a big fan of asking for something to be added for the sake of it! The only way I could think of is to use a resolution variable and add a additional flag.
I'd rather not match on filenames, honestly. For Atmos, I think Kodi is doing the right thing by telling you what they really are.

For 3D, I'm pretty sure there's an infolabel or bool for that. I'd have to check.
That's cool..... Am happy to smash in my own variable :o)

Ok awesome... again.. no massive issue... I can just rename the files in Kodi and the OH can live with it Big Grin
Pretty sure I can add a flag for 3D. Just taking a break now. I'll check tomorrow though