Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Change in IR remote behaviour after upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone using Kodi on Ubuntu with a IR remote experienced a behavioural change in your remote after upgrading to Xenial 16.04.1?

After upgrading, the OK/ENTER button on my remote became a toggle for "FullScreen" preventing me from "clicking" anything on-screen. A custom remote.xml where I changed <enter> from FullScreen to Select fixed the issue, but I'm curious to know if this happened to anyone else?

I'm using a rc6 keytable and devinput in lirc.

Cheers!
d
Follow-up question, how many remote users use KEY_ENTER to toggle FullScreen video?
I've been doing some research and I can't figure out what that button is supposed to be for (physically speaking, as labeled on a given remote). My best guess is maybe it was on some remotes as an extra enter key next to the number pad, but that still doesn't explain the fullscreen toggle. It's starting to make sense to just treat it the same as select.
I have at least two somewhat common remotes that have an "Enter" key on them. As Ned described, near the bottom of the number keys.
Select would seem like a reasonable way to treat it.