Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi doesn't open on ipad after 10 days?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read somewhere that if the ipad isnt jailbroken and you sign the ipa by xcode or cydia impactor, you have to connect it to the computer after 10 days to reinstall the app?

If I don't do that, when I open kodi on my ipad, it tries to open but shuts down right away, and the profile under device profiles in the ipad's setting is gone.

Ideas?
It's because you signed it with a free account. If you want longer, pay for a developer account.
The free account method I did with xcode, but how about cydia impactor? Thats still using the free method? I use any developer account for that. Just regular one.
I can't talk about cydia impactor as I've never used it. I know when I used to jailbreak, installing by cydia never expired. Don't know what the go is now. But definitely if you're signing yourself with a free account and using xcode to install, you'll have the 7 day limitation
Just install it through Cydia if your jailbroken.

Sent from my iPhone
Cydia Impactor is not quite the same thing. It's just a tool made by the same guy who handles Cydia.
Yeah, it's because of the 7-day profile being expired...

I really wish I knew how Cydia Impactor does the code-signing on Windows with the free Apple account... (and without Xcode for that matter...)

Obviously it's possible since the Pangu jailbreak also does the same thing to install the app...
What puzzles me is that other apps do not expire after 7 days. Only Kodi.
I used Xcode and I used Impactor, and both times Kodi installed with great success, but after 7 days it would stop working. I didn't realise until joining this forum that this is actually by design.

Is there a way round this issue? Paying for a developer account when I'm not a developer seems a bit OTT.
(2016-10-02, 14:07)Dinsdale87 Wrote: [ -> ]I used Xcode and I used Impactor, and both times Kodi installed with great success, but after 7 days it would stop working. I didn't realise until joining this forum that this is actually by design.

Is there a way round this issue? Paying for a developer account when I'm not a developer seems a bit OTT.

It's a restriction put in place by apple for the free accounts... the only way around it is paying or a jailbreak (which isn't even possible for the newest tvOS...)
I might look into it. If it's a reasonable price, I might do it.
You can check this out,i signed up for my apple tv and quite happy with it.
** removed by mod **
(2016-10-03, 14:58)Siyaman Wrote: [ -> ]You can check this out,i signed up for my apple tv and quite happy with it.
** removed by mod **

Feel free to continue using that but do know that Apple may at any time block their developer accounts taking all of the profiles with it...

Also, these services are against the Apple developer TOS... (that's why I removed the link)

So, for anyone wanting a signing certificate not through Apple... you can get them but Apple may revoke it at any time...
Does anyone have thoughts on why other ipa's other than Kodi keeps going after 10 days when installed through cydia impactor?
This is only possible when signed with a payed developer certificate. I don't know cydia impactor but as long as it uses a free developer certificate all apps will stop working after 7 days (what makes you think its 10 days? It never was 10 days. It was 90 days at the beginning and now its 7 days for free developers).
Pages: 1 2