Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NEXTpvr in Kodi Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im currently running Kodi Krypton on FireTV. When I go into PVR setup the NEXTPVR is not an option. Has anyone figured this out? Would hate to have to downgrade Kodi. Krypton is an major improvement.
Just for more detail. I had Beta 1, upgraded to Beta 2 this AM. Still nothing in the PVR other that crap IP solutions. I have HDhomerun so either NEXTPVR or HDHOMERUNPVR would be acceptable. Prefer NEXTPVR, just dont have an option.
(2016-09-18, 21:41)Bryangauvin Wrote: [ -> ]IHas anyone figured this out?
I have had NextPVR installed and running on one of my computers, using Krypton Beta 1. I'm not sure what I did, as I remember it, it was very straightforward, I enabled an addon in Kodi after installing the NextPVR program. Just looking at it now, if you go to Settings/System, then Add-ons, then "Running" (mine's empty) then go up from there (press the 2 dot symbol), then My Addons, there's a list of addons to enable. I don't recall having to install it myself, I think I just enabled it from that list. (Yes, the location of those addons seems a bit "weird", I'm not sure where they are, but that's where I found them)
(2016-09-18, 21:41)Bryangauvin Wrote: [ -> ]Im currently running Kodi Krypton on FireTV. When I go into PVR setup the NEXTPVR is not an option. Has anyone figured this out? Would hate to have to downgrade Kodi. Krypton is an major improvement.

I think I saw something in the blog post about beta 2 that no PVR clients were bundled with Kodi 17 beta 2 on Android. This appears to have been an oversight that they hope to correct (with beta 3 maybe?). Since you're on a FireTV, I suspect that's the issue. I'm running Kodi 17 on my Mac right now and had no problems using NextPVR as my TV backend.