Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: View timers: view pending rcordings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I have a question about viewing timers from inside Kodi (v16 right now). Through Kodi, I have a bunch of full series set to record (repeating, from Guide). When I go to the timers page, I get the list of the "series recording" timers. I was wondering if there was a way to configure it to give me a list of the specific episodes that are scheduled to record from the available guide data, sorted by date. Right now, the only way I know to get the information is to start NextPVR, go to Recordings --> Pending Recordings --> (Sort by Date).

I've noticed that the timers widget does the same thing, so I'm hoping that this is a super-simple Kodi XML configuration thing.
With Kodi 16, no. Kodi 17 separates the series recording timers and the episodes timers into two different screens. That has helped a lot. The only thing I don't like is that Kodi only shows the most immediate next recording for a series. So even if you have 2 weeks of data, the episode recording list will only show the recording for this week. It won't show the one for next week until this week's recording is done.

For a more comprehensive list of upcoming episodes, you need to use the X-NEWA program addon.
(2016-09-20, 02:23)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]For a more comprehensive list of upcoming episodes, you need to use the X-NEWA program addon.

So where does one find X-NEWA? I googled and found beta testing for XMBC from 2012. Hope this isn't the one as it seems to be unsupported?
(2016-09-20, 02:23)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I don't like is that Kodi only shows the most immediate next recording for a series. So even if you have 2 weeks of data, the episode recording list will only show the recording for this week. It won't show the one for next week until this week's recording is done.

This is not a Kodi PVR core problem. It displays what it gets from the respective pvr client add-on.

What you report seems to be a bug/limitation if the pvr client add-on you are using.
(2016-09-20, 16:07)GeoffG Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-20, 02:23)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]For a more comprehensive list of upcoming episodes, you need to use the X-NEWA program addon.

So where does one find X-NEWA? I googled and found beta testing for XMBC from 2012. Hope this isn't the one as it seems to be unsupported?

Try this link:
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post476601

It's still actively developed and supported, but mostly over at the NextPVR forums.
Thanks pkscout - great add-on. Do you know why this little gem is not in the download section?
(2016-09-21, 16:20)GeoffG Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks pkscout - great add-on. Do you know why this little gem is not in the download section?

You mean the list of addons from the official Kodi repository? The author has probably decided not to submit it to the official repo.
I misspoke, I meant to say Add-on section not the Kodi repository. Seems there are a good number of add-ons that a user only learns about basically by accident. Seems to me the Kodi team would want legal and legit add-ons to be widely publicized not hidden in github forum downloads. Soap-box mode over.
(2016-09-20, 02:23)pkscout Wrote: [ -> ]With Kodi 16, no. Kodi 17 separates the series recording timers and the episodes timers into two different screens. That has helped a lot. The only thing I don't like is that Kodi only shows the most immediate next recording for a series. So even if you have 2 weeks of data, the episode recording list will only show the recording for this week. It won't show the one for next week until this week's recording is done.
pkscout - this is resolved in the NextPVR 3.8.x, due to be released this weekend.