Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Not all files are visible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having theses problems for many weeks now. As far as I know, I'm doing everything allrigh, tho I just cant sync all my (shared) files.

It seemed to be working tonight, but when I took a closer look, it was the same thing again. Not all my movies (all seperate in different folders) are loaded. Not all my series are loaded, and when they are visible: only a few episodes are visible, while I got only complete seasons in my folders. Its just random episodes and movies that are synched on Kodi, sometimes even different ones each time I open up the folder on Kodi.

I reinstalled Kodi on my Pi, I made new shared folders with a new name, made a new Windows user, but nothgins seems to be working.
Please help me out, I really want the old Kodi back on my Pi2
Is this in library view or file view?

If library view it probably means your naming doesn't match the database of your scraper, hence it can't be scanned in. See naming video files (wiki) for more details.
When browsing my SMB for folders, and also in my library. I also got all names the same, so I don't think it has anything to do with that. A whole season has the same names, but only 4 are visible...
Edit: Thanks for the reply Smile
Can you give some examples of one's that do and do not appear?

Also gather a debug enabled debug log (wiki) of a failed scrape of such a series (go to the context menu of the series folder and try scanning for new content), upload it to PasteBin or some similar site and supply their url link here.
Almost certainly the problem is file permissions on the windows machine.

I used to share a folder with permissions set to allow everyone/anonymous/guest access.
Any file created there could be seen over network.

But I had some files not showing up. Problem was they were downloaded into a different directory without suitable permissions and then moved, retaining the wrong permissions.
(2016-09-21, 23:03)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give some examples of one's that do and do not appear?

Also gather a debug enabled debug log (wiki) of a failed scrape of such a series (go to the context menu of the series folder and try scanning for new content), upload it to PasteBin or some similar site and supply their url link here.
I'm not really getting an error, so I guess the chance of something interesting showing up is kinda small. But it's worth the shot, I'm gonna try to post it here soon!
(2016-09-22, 12:48)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]Almost certainly the problem is file permissions on the windows machine.

I used to share a folder with permissions set to allow everyone/anonymous/guest access.
Any file created there could be seen over network.

But I had some files not showing up. Problem was they were downloaded into a different directory without suitable permissions and then moved, retaining the wrong permissions.
This post makes huge sense, but also very little. I'm not into these things, but my guess is also that it's a Windwos sharing file issue. How did you solve this? And how do I solve it?
(2016-09-24, 15:57)Joeneunited Wrote: [ -> ]This post makes huge sense, but also very little. I'm not into these things, but my guess is also that it's a Windwos sharing file issue. How did you solve this? And how do I solve it?

Well I changed the folder permissions for the folder where the files were created (i.e. the download folder).

Unfortunately this isn't trivial with windows, but there's info here:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...s.11).aspx

Afraid I've moved from windows to Ubuntu for my file server, so I can't check the exact settings.
If you are talking about torrent downloads; not all containers with the same name are the same. I found that some files that I thought were legal turned out to be not legal when using an automated searcher. In other words; just because it says it is a .mkv doesn't mean it is.

I hope that was around the back enough to avoid censoring.
(2016-09-21, 23:03)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give some examples of one's that do and do not appear?

Kodi Logfile Uploader isn't available anymore. I only found 1 log add-on, but couldn't upload the file/data.
(2016-09-24, 16:05)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]Well I changed the folder permissions for the folder where the files were created (i.e. the download folder).

Unfortunately this isn't trivial with windows, but there's info here:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...s.11).aspx

Afraid I've moved from windows to Ubuntu for my file server, so I can't check the exact settings.
I tried everything. All permissions, only permissions to read, only to my created account or free for everyone. No matter how I assign it, it's still just half availble. Also deleted the folders and shared other folders on another location, still the same result.
(2016-09-25, 17:22)donbrew Wrote: [ -> ]If you are talking about torrent downloads; not all containers with the same name are the same. I found that some files that I thought were legal turned out to be not legal when using an automated searcher. In other words; just because it says it is a .mkv doesn't mean it is.

I hope that was around the back enough to avoid censoring.
I don't really get this post. It's also not always the same files who are visible and others not.
It's just a freakin mess.

- Changed from 'password protection' to 'availavble for all'': no difference;
- Created shared folders everywhere hoping the location matters; no difference
- Changed my PC name: no difference;
- Deleted my whole HOMEGROUP and started a new one: no difference

Is there another way to reach folders on my computer without using shared folders or a homegroup or Windows network?
(2016-09-27, 00:09)Joeneunited Wrote: [ -> ]It's just a freakin mess.

- Changed from 'password protection' to 'availavble for all'': no difference;
- Created shared folders everywhere hoping the location matters; no difference
- Changed my PC name: no difference;
- Deleted my whole HOMEGROUP and started a new one: no difference

Is there another way to reach folders on my computer without using shared folders or a homegroup or Windows network?

You could run a upnp server (Kodi can be configured to be one) on your computer and access your content that way.

Re your original problem. I'm in no way a networking guru, but if it was me I'd turn off homegroup and try sharing the traditional way. I don't currently have Windows 10 so I can't give you a step-by-step, but I did find one some months ago by Googling.

If it comes to changing file permissions, I think you will have to propagate your changes through the entire folder hierarchy. On Windows 7, it's Folder Properties -> Security -> Advanced -> Change Permissions -> check "Replace all child permissions with inheritable permissions from this object". Alternatively, if you find that just some folders are invisible to Kodi try re-creating those folders in place ie if they belong under 'Video', create them under 'Video'. Don't create them somewhere else and move them. Then copy the files across.

I'd try ditching homegroup first. Good luck.
Yeah, I've found Homegroup can create all sorts of weird problems, best to ditch it. Go to services and disable Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider services. Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Services

Edit: There are other ways to turn off Homegroup, disabling the services stops Homegroup from showing in menus etc.
@Joeneunited - if you can SSH into your Pi, then you can do it without the log uploader.

Connect to your Pi and log in, then go to $HOME/.kodi/temp/kodi.log and type

Code:
cat kodi.log | pastebinit

That should upload the log directly to pastebin without any need for add-ons. You can do similar for the older log with kodi.old.log
Thanks for all the help btw. so far!

I removed all HOMEGROUP things, but when I browse for content on my Pi, I still see the old and new HOMEGROUP names. I don't know how to reach my shared folders without browsing one of these. I don't know if it's wrong since they shouldn't be visible anymore, or they still exists, and I just onnly disabled them on my PC, my knowledge doesn't go that far.

I also downloaded Kodi for my desktop and made it a upnp server. It kinda worked on my Pi, since I had smooth access. But to be honest I prefer the old way (if I can get it working). I didn't had the MOVIES and TV-SHOWS on my homescreen, and I also dont want to have all these extra menus (genre, year, type, actors etc.) Last one is that I had lag playinf these files, but maybe thats because I was too fast with playing my (new) files.

Gonna try to post that log, tho I couldn't make anything out of the SSH thingy.
I think those are WORKGROUP names and have nothing to do with homegroup, it's normal just browse into them
Pages: 1 2